Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: keyboard symbol problems  (Read 3673 times)

George E Schuler Jr

keyboard symbol problems
« on: September 24, 2004, 06:59:55 PM »

I recently discovered that when Im trying to send email, when I press shift and two (which should represent the AT symbol) a quotation mark appears making impossible to send email (I tried shift and every possble key and can not seem to find the AT symbol) there are many other instances of symbols on the actual keys dont appear on the screen when I try to use them. tried running norton antivirus which is up to date, ran ad aware6..oh yeah I tried 2 other keyboards with same results......please, someone.........HEEEELP!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: keyboard symbol problems
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 07:31:01 PM »
    George E Schuler Jr.....You mean you just woke up one morning and all these strange things were happening ?
    Perhaps you could tell us what you were doing just prior to all this starting.......Also what operating system are you using ?

let us know
    dl65 ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

schugeorge

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 07:39:32 PM »
    well, since I posted last...I was directed to check in control panel. languages and make sure that english (us) was checked ( it was not, somehow ESTONIAN was checked, when I made the change everything was fine, I appreciate your response and have a good one)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 07:43:26 PM »
      George E Schuler Jr.........You've got to watch those Estonians.......they will sneak in while your asleep and use your puter.

Glad to hear you back in business

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

schugeorge

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 07:47:50 PM »
      I'll have to create a password for all users on this machine and make sure I'm the only "administrator" so these things don't happen again huh. ..