Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virus or Spyware help.  (Read 3748 times)

Zooya

Virus or Spyware help.
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:54:01 PM »
Is there such a virus or spyware that eats up your computer disk drive? Because I have been having this problem, and it seems impossible to fix. umm.. and there is this one game file i am not able to delete, i dont know if that is the cause, but it might be.(is there another way to delete a game that doesnt work, and freezes when you try to click on it?) Eventually over time, my hard drive space will be taken up and i will have no more space. Spyware, and Virus scan is not a choice for me, because when the scanner scans the game, it freezes. I guess the only way is to take out the virus or spyware manually? (Is that even possible? lol.) well, if you can help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

well, thanks alot.

p.s. Im a computer newbie, so im not so smart about computers.

chriscool9

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Virus or Spyware help.
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:14:31 PM »
    Personally mate im no expert. But untill someone who does know alot comes along id suggest doing this:
    Turn off system restore, by Right click my computer-> Properties then-> system restore uncheck the box
    Then turn off your P.C and then turn it back on and boot into 'Safe Mode' by pressing F8 as soon as your P.C turns back on. Keep repeatadly tapping it untill you get the menu to boot into safe mode. There should be someother options like 'Safe mode with networking'. Just use the arrow buttons to go onto 'Safe Mode' and then press enter.
    Then try your scanners

Chris

99 Problems and London's one of them

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149948530

Have a read, do all of this and report back.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:34:40 AM »
      im sure there are i know you can make code to rapidly create blank txt files so im sure theuy can expand that to make it worse.. what game is it? are you should that the growth is not just updates??

unlovedwarrior