Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2000 link failure  (Read 2115 times)

beezer

Outlook 2000 link failure
« on: November 22, 2006, 08:01:18 AM »
  Be gentle, this is my first time.  I am running Windows 2000, with IE,  Office 2000, and Outlook 2000.  None of the links in my incoming emails work!  The links have worked perfectly for years but, for the past two months, they no longer take me to the url of the link's address.  Makes no difference if it is an http: address or an imbedded address of a picture or statement.  The http address changes colors when I left click on it but nothing happens.  Well, sometimes "my documents" box appears.  I think that it is looking for a browser when that happens but, I could be wrong.  Mouse works fine elsewhere.  Work around is to copy and paste in the browser address box but that is a pain and doesn't work with pictures/statements.  And, most importantly, I cannot click on the addresses to stop spam emails.  Bummer.  Have tried to install OE per the instructions in another thread but, I think, it is not there.  The byte size of OE is shown as 0.0!  I have tried to install it twice and nothing new is in the "Program" list when I finish.  I used OE for several years before installing Outlook two years ago and had both until about eight months ago.  OE and all of the saved emails just disappeared.  Hope that this is enough explanation and you can help.  jb  

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Outlook 2000 link failure
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 04:37:11 PM »
Have you tried "Detect and Repair" under the Help Tab of Outlook 2000???

beezer

Re: Outlook 2000 link failure
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 04:54:25 PM »
Yes, I have.  Goes along fine until I get to the point where I am to click on the "Edit" button.  I left click on the button and nothing happens.  Nothing.  However, I will try it again.  Thanks.  jb