Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Do I need to format my CD-RW disk?  (Read 4901 times)

cceel

Do I need to format my CD-RW disk?
« on: November 24, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »
I have been unsuccessful in saving anything using my CDRW drive.  I get the message that the disks are not formatted, but then when I try, I get the message that they cannot be formatted.  I don't know what to do. :-?  HELP!

GX1_Man

Re: Do I need to format my CD-RW disk?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 06:42:20 PM »
Are these CD-R's or CD-RW's? What burning program are you using? What brand media? Has it ever worked to burn anything? If so, what and how long ago? What has changed between then and now? Any other hints to work with?

cceel

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 09:24:21 PM »
These are CD-RW discs by Memorex.  My burning program is "Adaptec Create CD" (I think).  I only have been successful maybe once or twice copying a music CD.  It seems like it was by luck.  I can't seem to reproduce the steps that I took the first time.  I don't know if anything else has changed.  Nothing new added to the computer or taken away.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:48:48 AM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 07:33:55 AM »
Some burners like some media and not others. I would try another brand if you want to use CDRW. You didn't say what model burner this is. Do CD-Rs burn OK? Much cheaper and a lot less hassle.