Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Norton AntiVirus Live Update won't complete  (Read 17347 times)

laura127

Re: Norton AntiVirus Live Update won't complete
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 09:16:32 AM »
Ok, it looks like my AntiVirus software has a mind of its own! The LiveUpdate just completed there with no problems. Weird or what  :o

Thanks for the help guys, i'll be back if it happens again  ;D ;D ;D

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 09:51:22 AM »
Perhaps it is due to another program you have installed that is causing Norton to behave strangly.

laura127

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 04:48:42 AM »
Perhaps it is due to another program you have installed that is causing Norton to behave strangly.

Ok, well the only thing that i installed in the past few months was Java Web Start by Sun Microsystems. I didn't have java installed on my machine so i couldn't view some sites properly. I was told to download this to fix my problem. It has fixed it but maybe that is what's causing Norton AntiVirus to mess up.. Hmm...
Do you think i should un-install it Raptor??

Raptor

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 07:38:22 AM »
Are you certain there are no other programs running in your background? I doubt Java would cause that sort of problem.

Perhaps you should have a look on the Symantec webpage to see if there are any lists with programs that cause problems or E-mail technical support. (You're paying for it!)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 07:38:53 AM by Raptor »

laura127

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2004, 08:24:24 AM »
Absolutly sure. I'll leave it be for now seeing as its working again but if it does happen again, i'll email technical support. As you said, i am paying for it! Thanks  ;D