Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please help w/sound on win98se w/ media player9  (Read 5105 times)

naes

please help w/sound on win98se w/ media player9
« on: December 02, 2006, 09:32:01 PM »
Dell dimension 4100
sound from a cd plays through speakers connected to sound card with system/accessories/cdplayer but not with windows media player 9 series downloaded from microsoft site.  no sound in gunz the duel a free online game.. someone help me plz? there is one unknown device in device manager PCI Communication Device but the sound card works with the sys/accessories/cdplayer app and i downloaded the driver from Creative SB site it is the correct one, i need some help if more specifics are needed can you plz tell me what they are and i will post them  

:-?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

naes

Re: please help w/sound on win98se w/ media player
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:00:26 PM »
doing . . .

naes

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 10:28:26 PM »
i tried the audio driver first which is a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 512V, Driver, MultiOS,
                                                       Multi Language, Multi System, v. SBLV-DLPAT-1-LA, A03

installed and it didn't work, im trying the chipset driver next i got the one in use from a gaming site.

naes

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 10:29:35 PM »
let me finish that it didnt work when i used windows media player 9 but it did work with system/accessories/entertainment/cdplayer   the speakers and plugged directly into sound card 1/8 " jack

naes

sound on win98se still not work thru winmedplay9
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »
thank you bytheway for your response, after chipset driver install it still did not work with windows media player 9 but it worked with the sys/accessories/ent/cdplayer  

i have also tried reinstalling the wmp9 the version of which i downloaded directly from microsoft website.  the single unknown "PCI Communication Device" remains.. i was able to install gunz NA which is just a free multi player game and no sound there either, i also couldn't use my mouse to turn around and got shot.. .

..but can move it side to side outside of game, used cd that came with wireless keybrd mse for driver that is for later tho i guess the mouse works fine outside game..

im also not sure which other drivers i should try that are given on that page the dvdcd rom maybe?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:55:14 PM by naes »

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 06:51:07 AM »
Please see my advice in your other post:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1165102630

Really one one post per problem is needed to prevent confusion. Ours as well as yours.