Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista: Ready? I think not.  (Read 21477 times)

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: Windows Vista: Ready? I think not.
    « Reply #45 on: January 15, 2007, 11:10:36 PM »
    lol... pirated software? not sayin that i do, but doesnt  everyone have at least 23408309324 pirated programs that uses a computer frequently? 1/2 ppl i know have pirated versions of windows... i mean come on, bill gates already has enough money, so he expects those people who are workin low income jobs to spend their whole paycheck to make their computer work, and then have to spend half their time maintaining it and fixing the f'in BSOD's and error messages? lol... i think not.  so yes, vista is goin to be a pain in the a** for most people, and im really likin that pic a couple comments above mine with the windows xp key/shoe size/mother's maiden name lol

Nobody is going to crucify you for using pirated software. Just don't ask us to help you with it if when a pirate software doesn't work. ;)
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #46 on: January 16, 2007, 12:39:54 PM »
    Lol.
    By the way, just noticed your new sig.
    Nice.

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #47 on: February 02, 2007, 07:07:53 AM »
      It doesn't matter how much money Bill Gates has. For a start, he is a person not the company. Secondly the company has a right to expect payment for its goods and services. If you don't like them, don't use them.

BSOD's and etc? Usually this is the fault or poorly written programs and drivers and not an inherent fault of Windows itself.

Please don't make up statistics to justify your arguement.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #48 on: February 02, 2007, 07:46:14 AM »
      It doesn't matter how much money Bill Gates has. For a start, he is a person not the company. Secondly the company has a right to expect payment for its goods and services. If you don't like them, don't use them.

BSOD's and etc? Usually this is the fault or poorly written programs and drivers and not an inherent fault of Windows itself.

There is also the PEBKAC variable to account for some of this...and i agree with you.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
        « Reply #49 on: February 02, 2007, 10:38:24 AM »

There is also the [highlight]PEBKAC[/highlight] variable to account for some of this...and i agree with you.

whats that??

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
          • Yes
          • Technology News and Information
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #50 on: February 04, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »
        Sorry, I completely forgot about this post, CH Doesent send me email notifications for some reason anymore... maybe the update will fix it.

I did find a program called WINEhq that allows you to run Windows apps, I am looking into it a bit more, it sounds good. I think that there is a slight chance I might switch over on one of my computers, if I can get my wireless card to work on it
        --or least, my eithernet so I can get a good server running
        « Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 02:51:39 PM by zylstra555 »

GX1_Man

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2007, 06:01:34 PM »
        From Webopedia:

PEBCAK is technical support shorthand (slang) for "Problem Exists between Chair and Keyboard". Generally this term is used by technical support personnel to describe a problem that was caused by the computer user as opposed to a technical problem with the physical computer equipment.