Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer FREEZE  (Read 8483 times)

helpless

computer FREEZE
« on: September 28, 2004, 08:48:18 AM »
hi all.
my computer is a P4 1.7GHz, 512 ram, nvidia geforce 2 MX/MX400.
the problem is this. it ALWAYS completely freezes when i'm playing warcraft 3(sometimes 2 seconds into game or 20 mins) or trying to watch musio videos. it also randomly freezes (seldom) when i'm surfing the net or just chatting. could it have something to do with a corrupt registry? i try to scan the registry but it always hangs halfway. maybe a corrupt file?
and when i mean freeze, i mean even crt alt del doesn't work.
would appreciate any replies or helps. thanks very much.

and I won't be quiet

Re: computer FREEZE
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 08:53:18 AM »
hmm...... Run anti-virus and adaware..... could be that freezing you up..... if not.... go to the control panel and remove any suspicious programs you see......

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 09:09:50 AM »
Scan for viruses, trojans and spyware.

There's about a  dozen topics about computers freezing.. Search for them..

helpless

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 06:48:33 AM »
hmmm thanks for the replies but i forgot to add that i've tried scanning and defrag and anti virus and spyware and adware. even changed my ram sticks.

i seem to realise that it hangs only when i'm playing warcraft. other games are fine. surfing is fine. chatting is fine. warcraft is not fine.
help pls!

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 07:23:35 AM »
Well then the problem obviously lies with Warcraft. Perhaps your computer does not have the required amount of processing power and you require to tweak down the graphics a bit.

helpless

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 03:47:03 AM »
could it be my graphics card suck? geforce2 mx400

another point, it always hangs when i do a registry scan.

thanks for the help u guys

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 07:41:07 AM »
What kind of registry scanner are you using?

I donot think you need to replace your card, you will just have to find the most compatible graphic settings.

I ran Warcraft III on an ATI/Radeon 9000Pro and it was slow at times,  but never choppy.

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 12:18:49 PM »
how old is this game?this may help you>http://www.cpukiller.com/index.html  type dxdiag in the run box to test your graphics...could this be winxp...my guess it is..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 12:29:26 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 12:31:36 PM »
Warcraft III is from 2002 I believe.

zirk

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 12:30:25 AM »
try reinstalling your operating system... format it... and also what is your hard disk??? is it new???

Someone2die

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 06:00:57 PM »
A. Reinstall Warcraft III.  Blizzard is pretty protective on their regestrys and cd stuff.

B.  Clean your disc.  dirty discs can lead to laggy games.

C.  If A or B dont seem to work, try downloading a no cd loader from http://www.gamecopyworld.com  they are virus free and are the best site ive ever seen for cracking cds.  

If the cd is burnt (pretend its a backup ;)) your burnt copy may be missing something.