Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard not working.  (Read 2908 times)

Kim Sarasien

Keyboard not working.
« on: September 28, 2004, 01:23:32 PM »
Last night, while I was opening the drwaer of my desk, I bumped the power cord for my power strip, which is what my computer is plugged into.  When it rebooted, the keyboard wouldn't work, so I couldn't type anything into my computer to log in.  Computing Services  at my school won't help, I'm not staff.  When I tried my roommates keyboard, it still wouldn't work, and suddenly I wasn't able to move my mouse.  I'm a college student!  I need my computer!  Please help!
Kim

Raptor

Re: Keyboard not working.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 01:41:27 PM »
Did you check to see if all the cables are connected properly?

Does the computer normally boot to your log-in screen without any additional errors but Keyboard Error?

merlin_2

Re: Keyboard not working.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 01:41:36 PM »
plug you keyboard into the mouse port to prove if you have damaged the keyboard port..or carefully power off touch the case<earth yourself>and have a look in the case to see in the port card/serial etc is leaning over..depending on your pc....it maybe plug in...or maybe part of the motherboard...have a look...but be careful..ok