Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Website won't open with MAC OS  (Read 7456 times)

Supermiller

Website won't open with MAC OS
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:14:32 AM »
I just bought a MacBook, and I love it.  But, I have a school online simulation for hospitality called BYOB www.buildyourownbar.ca , and it doesn't recognize MAC OS to run it.  Is there a way that I coud run something that would emulate all things internet explorer so that I could continue with my school simulation.  I already know that opera, and firefox do not work on it, as well as the safari that is on my computer.  I asked them, and they say they only do stuff for internet explorer, but as far as I have found, internet explorer was discontinued for Mac.  What about if I installed Windows XP in my computer, would this work?

crashbangwallop

Re: Website won't open with MAC OS
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 01:26:20 PM »
Just had a look at the site in Safari and it seems to work ok on my Mac - which part of the site dosn't work for you? The site appears to require Macromedia Flash Player available @,

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Hope that helps

Supermiller

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:10:36 PM »
no, its not when you type in the e-mail address, its when I log into the interface.  The interface works like THE SIMS the game.  Thanks for trying anyway.  Anybody else???

billtron

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
Expolorer has been discontinued on the mac, however it is still available.  Last time I checked it was still available under downloads at apples website (although that was quite a while ago).  If you can't find it there do a google search and I'm sure you could find a download site for it.  
As far as running Windows XP, I believe that would probably work as well.