Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP boot-up stuck in a loop  (Read 12607 times)

crashbangwallop

Re: XP boot-up stuck in a loop
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »
I've now tried another HD in the PC and get to exactly the same point in the boot process. So maybe its a chip problem

(or Maybe Mr Gates and the legit police have claimed total controll of all technology in my vicinity untill I reveal my xp tatoo to the windows storm troopers that are kicking my front door down)

Does this site rely on people fixing their own problems and explaining what they did while fending off the off&onagain brigade?

GX1_Man

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »
Personally, I don't understand that last post and am awaiting a direct answer to the question of  "Is this a bright, shiney CD that says Microsoft all over it?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 12:40:39 AM »
Providing answers to the questions put forth actually speeds up the problem-solving process...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 02:55:46 AM »
Amazing, isn't it?  Calum, where are you?

crashbangwallop

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 05:09:33 AM »
'Providing answers to the questions put forth actually speeds up the problem-solving process...'

EXACTLY..........I REST MY CASE

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 06:10:31 AM »
The PC has worked (its a friends) and I only have my set of software not the originals, which as I have explained wont boot it, apart from a xp home disk which in safe mode tells me the disk has XP pro installed, but my xp pro install wont boot the machine up

Is this a legit install of XP on there? Is that a legit XP Pro CD you are using? Did the machine in question have an OEM version? What make and model computer is it?

I think the answer is within that last paragraph.

We're still waiting on these answers though...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 06:10:59 AM by patio »

GX1_Man

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 06:39:27 AM »
I think he has supplied the answer by his evasiveness.  ::)

crashbangwallop

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
All the copies of windows both installed and on disk are bonefide and I'll pursue you for slander and deformation of character after your infering that they may not be legitimate copies of windows software.

My lawyer will need to contact you regarding this civil action so if be kind enough to post your contact details here

I've never recieved soooooo little help from a supposed help blog.  'Computer Hope' is a misnomer
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 03:53:12 PM by crashbangwallop »

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »
    How could this need civil action? They're asking a question in order to be able to help you, but you were refusing help by not answering the question. That's a pretty simple problem which is sure as *censored* not standing up in any court.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 06:07:22 PM »
      crashbangwallop.......
      All the copies of windows both installed and on disk are bonefide and I'll pursue you for slander and deformation of character after your infering that they may not be legitimate copies of windows software.

My lawyer will need to contact you regarding this civil action so if be kind enough to post your contact details here

I've never recieved soooooo little help from a supposed help blog.  'Computer Hope' is a misnomer

Listen , I see no one here accusing you of anything.......
      What I see is members asking you some questions and you, for some reason not proving the answers.

As I see it , you want to format and do a clean install of XP .....
      Do this ........
      Go into the bios and set the boot sequence to cd-rom first boot   .... save the change.
      Insert the Win XP cd in the optical drive and reboot the machine ........
      Follow the instructions you see on the screen .
      Presto ...one formatted drive and approximately 39 minutes later a nice clean install of Win XP.

And please , no more silly comments about the assistance received , from those attempting to assist you.

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:08:51 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 06:34:56 PM »
      I'm not inclined to continue with this bit of silliness any longer.

I think another forum would be more to your liking and way of posting and not answering. Good luck.  ::)
      « Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 06:36:28 PM by GX1_Man »

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 08:33:18 PM »

You are absolutely invited to have your Philidelphia Lawyer pursue me on the blatant charges you wrongly accuse me of...

If you need my contact details there is a PM feature on this board and i will gladly provide you with the neccessary details...

P.S. See my Sig...
      « Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 08:35:09 PM by patio »

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »
      Amazing, isn't it?  Calum, where are you?
      You called, master?

If you're so dissatisfied, why are you still here?
      If you think you can find somewhere better, why don't you post there?  Don't waste your time with us, we're obviously not even a help blog  ::).
      Computer Hope is not a misnomer, I've had some great help from this site and I'm proud to be a member.

To be honest, this is only the second dissatisfied person I've seen, the other was dear old riprip (remember him?).
      We get a lot of people with pirated XP versions, we ask most people if it's legal by default.
      I imagine you're more than welcome to pursue legal action against any one of us, but I seriously doubt you'll have a case.
      Good luck.

crashbangwallop

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 10:46:09 AM »
      So this IS an ultra rightwing conservative christian sect dedicated to only pursueing non legitimate software installs. who funds this site? the vatican?

Or are you a peadophile ring?
      « Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 10:47:20 AM by crashbangwallop »

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 11:06:12 AM »
      Neither.
      We are a computer help forum, and we are all volunteers.
      We don't only pursue non legitimate software, it's just that bootleg software often causes problems - we prefer to know if it is pirated before we spend time trying to troubleshoot problems that are often simply because it is pirated.
      If you provided the answer to the question in the first place, no one would suspect you of having a bootleg copy of XP.