Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with monitor  (Read 1654 times)

aibleach

Need help with monitor
« on: December 19, 2006, 01:43:07 AM »
The model of my monitor is acer sl512..when i try to on my monitor,it show a message of burn in and start flashing 7 colours (red,blue,green,yellow,light blue,pink,white,black)..it just constantly flash this colours.

pcdoc4christ

Re: Need help with monitor
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 09:36:52 AM »
This is called a raster.  The raster displays to show you the monitor has power but is not receiving an image from your computer.  Is your computer on or off?

aibleach

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 07:14:38 PM »
This is called a raster.  The raster displays to show you the monitor has power but is not receiving an image from your computer.  Is your computer on or off?

it is off....even if it is on,there is no difference

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »
Some possibilities:

1) The monitor became disconnected from the motherboard or video card (if so, try reconnecting it).

2) The video card has come out of it's slot on the motherboard (if so, turn off the computer and remove and reseat it).

3) The video card or VGA port on the motherboard is damaged (if so, try using a new video card).

4) There is other damage to the computer, such as a bad motherboard (if so, try taking it to a computer repair shop).