Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Word  (Read 5486 times)

aaliyce

Microsoft Word
« on: September 29, 2004, 06:08:30 PM »
Hi, I'am new to this board and was wondering if you could help me?

I have a lot of pictures saved on a document and when i went to open it it said this:

This document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions, Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Or Use file open dialouge box to locate document. and in () it's the name of the document. I don't know what the info. above means and don't know what or where to check it. I am in need of help!!!

Thanks, Aaliyce :)

mektek

Hopeful
  • Witty comment to be advised
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Microsoft Word
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 02:50:31 AM »
    The warning means that the document you are trying to connect to is no longer in the same place or has been renamed, therefore it cannot be connected to.

Right click on the Windows Start icon and use Find or Search  to first search for the document in explorer using it's full name to see if it was moved.

If it is in the same place it is possible the access permisions have been changed.

If this doesn't work use advanced search to search all recently modified documents to see if you can see your document with a  modified name

If you need further assistance please give your operating system e.g Windows 98 or whatever and the type of document e.g. Microsoft Word 2000 or whatever to allow us give more specific help as the information given at present is a bit vague.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 02:54:35 AM by mektek »
    Tiggered - adj : It's been tiggered
    A computer that was working until tinkering broke it