Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mad Dog Prowler sound card problem  (Read 3294 times)

Mark DeMiere

Mad Dog Prowler sound card problem
« on: September 30, 2004, 10:12:19 AM »
Alright i just purchased a Mad Dog Prowler 4.1 DSP sound card.  I installed the sound card which i recognized but windows doesnt have drivers for.  I proceeded to install the drivers from the cd that was supplied with it.  When i did so the computer got halfway through installing the drivers, it then restarted on its own.  It then would not load windows up it would continue restarting. Eventually i restarted my computer into safe mode and did a system restore which alouded my system to load up., but the sound card driver didnt install.  I also tried the driver off of mad dog website and the same thing happened.  I then contacted the people i go the card from and they told me to disable my onboard sound in my BIOS, and it might work, so did that and i got the same results when installing the drivers.  I also tried unistalling the drivers for my onboard sound card and tried installing the drivers which didnt work either.   I am getting very frustrated and dont know what else do.  So input would be greatly appreciated.

Raptor

Re: Mad Dog Prowler sound card problem
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 10:18:42 AM »
You should completely remove the Mad Dog Prowler audio card drivers and use a program such as Advanced System Optimizer V2 to clean your registry of faulty entries. Then you should install the latest audio card drivers for your soundcard.