Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor problems (off mode?)  (Read 3764 times)

ajscho

monitor problems (off mode?)
« on: September 30, 2004, 08:16:08 PM »
the first problem is youngsters. somehow they have got the monitor in off mode. the monitor source said  that to reset it do this, with the power on unplug the monitor from the tower then plug it back in. I tried that with no success. the computer boots and the screen stays black,
no text or anything while it boots. I have tried to reboot so many times it will not boot fully, hangs up before it finishes. When I select the menu button on the monitor it displays text that says off mode. one time while i was frustrated i did get the menu to come on but did not see any setting the would reverse off mode. Why would anyone want a feature like that on a computer? is there anyone that could help me out here. i have an IBM compatible running windows xp. is there a way to get the dos promt and go back to a earlier set point? if so how do I do this?
thanks in advance,
[email protected]

Raptor

Re: monitor problems (off mode?)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 07:34:09 AM »
Windows XP does not support MS-DOS.

With 'Off-mode' you mean Stand-by mode?

That seems to me like a hardware problem, you can try to use System Restore.

Resetting your BIOS to default or fail safe values may help you solve your problem.

Refer to this article for BIOS help:

BIOS

And to this article for help with System Restore:

How do I restore Windows XP back to an earlier copy?