Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MONITER SIDEWAYS  (Read 2396 times)

jpokert

MONITER SIDEWAYS
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:38:59 PM »
i left the grandkids at the computer with there game, when i came back the picture was 90 deg off ---good pic but bad for the neck.. any answers  unit is gateway 505gr moniter gateway flat 17  

thanks jerry

Serrik

Re: MONITER SIDEWAYS
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 09:56:31 PM »
Do have an Nvidia icon in your system tray? (that collection of icons in the bottom right corner of your windows task bar)

Note: You will only have this if you have an Nvida graphics card so this fix may not help you.

If you do, right click on it and go to rotation settings and restore to default.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 10:13:58 PM »
HP and Compaq have..........Keyboard= Control/ALT Arrow key up,down,left,right as a solution.

Welcome to Computerhope Serrik.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 10:22:19 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
Do have an Nvidia icon in your system tray? (that collection of icons in the bottom right corner of your windows task bar)

Note: You will only have this if you have an Nvida graphics card so this fix may not help you.

If you do, right click on it and go to rotation settings and restore to default.
Surely, ATI also has a way to do this.  I believe this article confirms it: http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_8.html
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 10:30:06 PM by soybean »

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 04:23:27 AM »
Who said it was an nVidia or ATI card? All we know is it is a Gateway. The model lists an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 

(Sometimes we create more confusion.  ::) )

Here is that machine:

http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/4054/4054sp3.shtml

Let's wait for the original poster to come back and report what he has tried and his success.

A system restore to a few days before this would solve it as well.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 04:27:00 AM by GX1_Man »

jpokert

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 04:35:02 PM »
problem fixed..  thanks u all..   in settings control panel intel video card kids highlighted 90 deg out , reset and it works find .....thanks again. jerry

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 04:50:51 PM »
Glad you are all fixed and thanks for posting back.  ;)