Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor wont turn on!! HELP ASAP  (Read 26976 times)

shield

Re: monitor wont turn on!! HELP ASAP
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004, 11:53:24 AM »
tried another monitor while i was waiting for a reply. does the same thing as my flat panel

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2004, 11:54:34 AM »
Raptor, the only things that kinda helps on that post, is that my computer does not beep. No post... maybe i have hooked up my motherboard incorrectly? such as the powersupply connection ? not shure.

(ty raptor agp slot :P)

Have you checked to see if all the cables are connected properly?

Did you take proper precautions when installing the components?

merlin_2

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2004, 11:57:20 AM »
ok so its not a monitor problem or power issue to the monitior...so what have we left graphics card? mobo?does the cdrom /hard drives power up fan running...yes..graphics card...?have you got an old one laying around somewhere? try that..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 11:57:58 AM by merlin_2 »

shield

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2004, 12:04:40 PM »
even if i where to try another vga card, whats the differance if i removed it and tried the onboard VGA?

Raptor

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2004, 12:10:13 PM »
You may have damaged the mainboard whilst installing it.

Did you take the proper precautions?

Your on-board video card may need to be set using jumpers. Check your mainboard and manual to see if this is true.

merlin_2

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2004, 12:15:35 PM »
raptor has this one...nice work...

Raptor

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2004, 12:25:07 PM »
raptor has this one...nice work...

Don't hug me just yet, I know you're dying to, but Shield still has to reply.  ;)

shield

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2004, 01:04:29 PM »
ok this is what i did, i took an old MB of mine and it worked with monitor, i took a damaged MB and the monitor didnt work. looks like i messed somthing up while installing it in the new tower i have NO clue what i did to short it out or ruin my MB but it looks like my MB is blown. sucks....

Raptor

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2004, 02:42:33 PM »
Did you check to see if any Jumpers need to be set before you can use either videocards?

If you tell us the steps you took when installing the mainboard, we may be able to tell you what you have done wrong so you can prevent it from happening again.

shield

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2004, 02:46:03 PM »
all i did was swap. took out my Video card unplugs my powersupply from MB and IDE cables, took out HD's cdrom floppy, videocard, then took out MB and put it in the new tower, re-asembled
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 02:46:34 PM by shield »

merlin_2

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2004, 02:46:28 PM »
Esd or grease....dont blame jon travolta....for that ;D when installing any hard ware you have to realise that it came from a dust free sanitary enviroment..and install hardware with the power off...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 02:50:14 PM by merlin_2 »

shield

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2004, 02:47:34 PM »
nothing is new, all i did was move my hardware to a new tower, that simple heh.

shield

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2004, 02:48:36 PM »
so it couldne be any jumpers or anything like that, cuz ill i did was move the MB from one tower to another, so i might have shocked the MB while swapping? i have no clue.  gotta be a fried MB. although i CAN hear the HD's run when i boot it. but not monitor display :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 02:49:03 PM by shield »

Raptor

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2004, 02:50:05 PM »
so it couldne be any jumpers or anything like that, cuz ill i did was move the MB from one tower to another, so i might have shocked the MB while swapping? i have no clue.  gotta be a fried MB. although i CAN hear the HD's run when i boot it. but not monitor display :P

You should know if you damaged your mainboard. What steps did you take to prevent static discharge? Did you use the proper tools (Demagnetized ones preferably..)?

shield

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2004, 02:52:01 PM »
heh, you know what my screwdriver was magnitized...