Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with saving from office to a network?  (Read 7007 times)

sarah

Problems with saving from office to a network?
« on: January 31, 2007, 05:11:58 AM »
Hello, please can someone help me??!!

I work for a small charity with pc's networked in eack of their offices. A problem keeps arising when saving office files. Sometimes when you save a word or excel document and go back in to find it, it has disappeared. You then find lots of files with names like 869F8000, 37CD2100, 618A7100 etc. If you're lucky you will find out its the excel spreadsheet you've worked on and you can re-name it back when you open it. Sometimes though it tells you you can't save it and you try to rename it etc etc to no avail. But then when you close it another digit file has appeared in the folder and it a record of the one you opened but couldn't save! Our computer people basically don't know why its doing it and it's corrupting files! Help! The PC's are running with windows XP, and office 2003. Is it an office issues, a server issue, or our anti-virus or something. Its really driving us mad and sometime we lose data. Any ideas anyone, please??!!! I've looked through the internet but I can't find this problem. many thanks!!! Sarah

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problems with saving from office to a network?
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:54:46 AM »
    What happens if you try to save a file to the local machine and not another network location / does it happen on all machines / did it ever work right / all drivers updated / checked M$ site for known issues?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!