Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Battlefield 2142 Weaps and Tactics  (Read 21766 times)

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Hasta La Vista... Vista...
    • Experience: Beginner
    Battlefield 2142 Weaps and Tactics
    « on: January 15, 2007, 03:36:14 AM »
    Are you a Assualter? Medic? or Sniper? or do u tend to use about 100 more bullets then required as a support?

Whats ur usual Layout?

mine

Assualt: std rifle, Advanced Medical Hub, Grenades, Shotgun, Defibulator.
    Support: Ganz HMG, Advanced ammo Hub, Grenades, sentry gun, Shield

Tactics: run and gun, Steal Battlewalker/Tank until it dies and then more running ^^

works for me... i got to Master Sergeant with it^^

homer

Expert
      Re: Battlefield 2142 Weaps and Tactics
      « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:39:30 PM »
      Recon: APM Mines,RDX Packs, Squad Beacon (dont leave home without it), Lambert Carbine,grenades.

Tactics: i rely on anticipating the enemies moves, stealth, accuracy, quick and lethal takedowns, and speed. also getting into any vehicle i can get my hands on. i always use my squad beacon.

Advice: "he who fights and runs away lives to fight another day." sounds cowardly, i know, but it is true, especially when outnumbered or outgunned. run and let the prey come to you.

Favorite thing to do: play titan, destroy commander toys, and baserape the enemies main base. (it handicaps the opposing team while making the enemy commander frustrated as he wastes supply drops to attempt to fix them; then he watches me resupply myself with his supplies and blow up his toys again [smiley=evil.gif]. in order to continually baserape, i plant a squad beacon in their base that is unreachable and unseeable by conventional methods) baseraping also keeps a number of guys from taking silos, as they are busy trying to kill the baseraper. (i have kept up to 10 guys busy trying to kill me, thats 10 people less to take our silos ;).)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 10:40:15 PM by homer »

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 06:21:39 AM »
        Nice one homer... But most server i see have anti-base rape rules ETC...

the lambert is quite good i think (only stole it once) im only use Recon to snipe so i have never really used it... im currently working towards the Pilum H-AVR the engineer anti-tank cannon :)

RDX pack are also something i want to get my hands on in the near future,  U used the Zeller-H et? is it as powerful  as people say.

BTW have u ever had a lag problem? not a serious LAG thing but EA and my connection dont really agree sometimes

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        « Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:46:45 PM »
        Assault: any weapons I can find.  Also sometimes Support if we're heavily outgunned, the minigun really comes in handy in a 1-man charge to break out.

Tactics: Shoot them in the head.  Be stealthy.  Rely on your team-mates, but only online, 'cos the bots suck.  Don't rush in - survey the area properly.

Advice: Work together.

Favorite thing to do: get a Battlewalker.  Shoot everything.  Step on people. ;D  

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 01:43:08 PM »
          Best Titan defense force:

3 Support

all LMGs (or HMGs if they have unlocked them)
          A12 Enforcer Guns
          IPF Protection Shields
          Advanced Ammo Hubs
          Tactics:-
          They are the 'Rock' of the defense, especially deadly down the corridors, as the 3 Heavy weapons can lay down amazing volumes of fire in a short space of time, using the A12s and there shields as defense, without a mountain of Frag Grenades, your not getting past easily.

2 Assault

No Baur H-ARs
          use Std rifles, or Voss L-AR
          Defibulation Module
          Advanced Ammo Hub
          AR-Rockets or AR-Shotgun
          The life savor... literally, with the assault rifles they can add to the weapons fire of the machine guns easily, whists retaining a lot of accuracy (in short bursts), the reason i would have no Baur, is the sheer recoil is no good for one or 2 targets that will attack, and the clip volume is to low if the enemy attacks in force, also, if they stand far apart, it means 1 frag grenade isn't the end of the defense, as one medic can revive the other and the defense can be back on track after a few seconds (if they Rez the Support first to cover them while they get everyone else)

1 Engineer

Pilum H-AVR
          Vehicle Tracker
          all else optional
          Most people think Engineers are useless in titan defense, unless they are used probably, the Pilum acts more as a scare weapon then as a precise kill weapon... it is, apart from the Zeller-H sniper and the Rocket launchers, the most powerful one shot weapon in the game (Infantry held)... the beauty of having this monster on standby by is... not only is it another rapid fire gun (the SMG they carry) to add to the firestorm, but if the enemy land on the titan, then u got a way to get rid of it ^^ (hence the Vehicle scanner)
          If placed at the back of the defense line but with a clear line of sight for the Pilum, then it is also a good position for the Squad Leader, to overlook the current state of the defense, and to order UAVs etc

1 Recon

Zeller-H Advanced Sniper Rifle Or Lambert Carbine
          IT-33 Active Camouflage
          APM Mines
          RDX charges
          Now the Recon can fill 2 roles, Pick off enemy from one of the balcony, or Add more fire to the already impressive firestorm (Gun apply to former and latter respectively), the APM and RDX are more for more support of both the Infantry stopping side or the Vehicle destruction, and the Active Camo can act as a scout of enemy size and strength.

homer

Expert
            « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 05:34:49 PM »
            Nice one homer... But most server i see have anti-base rape rules ETC...  

they do, but because im recon class, i get away by saying im blowing up commander toys while defending myself and preventing the repair of the commander items.  :)

i do not agree on using an engineer as defence, unless they are carrying a rockit launcher. the splash damage packs a punch. also, you do not need any explosives to destroy a transport that has landed, you can simply pod onto them.

the recon class is excellent for defense, as long as they have a support class with them for supplies. if a support class is present, a recon can have virtually endless APM Mines and RDX Packs. ( my tactic for defense is to place 1 APM at the entrance to a control panel, as well as one RDX Pack. the RDX is there for safety, if the APM mine fails, the RDX is there, and if the APM has been detonated and more enemies are coming, the RDX is there.)

P.S. active camo is a waste of a slot, at such close quarters it is almost impossible to bypass observant foes.

U used the Zeller-H et? is it as powerful  as people say.
            i have used it, it is a waste of an unlock. yes it does do more damage and it is slighty more accurate, however it only has a 3 round clip, 2 rounds less then the usual 5. here are the stats...

Zeller -H : head shot- 1 hit kill, body shot- 2 hit kill
            generic sniper: head shot- 1 hit kill, body shot - 2 hit kill

as you can see, the number of shots to make a kill is the same, however, a body shot from a Zeller will do more damage then the generic sniper.

im currently working towards the Pilum H-AVR
            good choice, it is a great weapon, however you must get used to the time it takes for the projectile to reach its target, it is also slighty inaccurate, its a good idea not to run and shoot. a good tactic is to remain hidden until the target has his back exposed.
            « Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:21:11 PM by homer »

threegunvash

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »
            I love support class with a passion. I use the ganz hmg, the a12 sentry gun, and the shield. I'm at master corporal gold right now (just got the game a few weeks ago), and since I'm pretty much done with support and the player upgrades, I'm gonna start using assault as well.

The best vehicle in the game is hands down the nekomata. It rapes the tiger tank (I'll take strafe over a slow rotating turret any day) and mechs can't touch it from far away. So I like using the nekomata to get around on the ground, and just hide in corners around the titan with a sentry gun and I'm chillin ;D

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
              « Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 06:03:58 AM »
              Lol. Nice one...

Homer -> hmm... i wont bother for the Zeller-H until a lot later then, maybe the Lambert Carbine would be worth it though

threegunvash -> Lol Camper, nice tactic, resemble what i used to do with the Support... the FAVs where my favorite target

homer

Expert
                « Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 04:13:48 PM »
                bladewolf, you will find it is hard to make a kill with the lambert at further distances (about 50 yards). even when shooting in short bursts. switching the rifle to semi-auto at long ranges works wonders.

just a tip. ;)
                « Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 04:14:03 PM by homer »

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                  « Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 04:34:38 PM »
                  oooo must try...

Ive only really used the carbine for an extended period (longer then 10 mins :) ) In titan assault, and  storming the reactor core was a breeze with it (they had a defense up) then i RDXed the Core... but a engineer stole my titan kill :( i mean... 1mm of health remaining then as im about to plant more, he Pilums it! He was the Commander, so i suppose he needed the points from it but... my kill *censored*

Ive used the rifles one shot at range, and your right it works wonder when a sniper squad has yours pinned (don't help that your commanders useless ^^)

BTW how many shots to put down a walker/Tank with the Pilum and/or Rocket launchers? i wouldd say 3/5 for pilum and 4/5 for launcher

homer

Expert
                    « Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »
                    i beleive the philum and the standard issue anti-armour weapon both do the same amount of damage. but i could be wrong, i mostly use recon, im just now getting into being an engineer.

but what i can tell you, is that it is 1 shot to the back of a tank will destroy it, and for a walker, 2 shots to the lower-middle section on the back will destroy it (the part were the legs join, not the pivoting top half.). 1 shot there takes the walker down to about 36 health.
                    « Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 05:08:25 PM by homer »

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                      « Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 08:52:11 AM »
                      Thanks for the Info homer... *sniggers* Ok off i go Armour hunting

Has anyone seen the Terminator? it don't matter which one (1or2), as long as theres a Jeep and the flying HKs... well

A few days ago i saw a EU Jeep (the small vehicle with 1 machine gun) flying down the roads of Suez Canel, it had 3 people, one driving, one on the gun and one on the back with a rocket launcher, i thought 'cool' until i saw the PAC gunship hovering after them... firing its chain gun and rockets, the jeep tried to blast it with the machine gun and the Missile missed completely, Seeing as i was PAC i laughed when it exploded, (I would have laughed anyway) then the gunship sat a hovered, turning side to side while a EU squad moved around it, then the PAC Walker showed up and killed 1 of the EU as it tried to throw a EMP grenade, the my squad got to me and we finished them off with LMG fire

I just thought : Terminator all the way through watching this ^^

Anyone else had strange things like that?

homer

Expert
                        « Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »
                        i had a simliar experience, but it was me driving the jeep getting shot at by the gunship. :D it was INTENSE!! i had my volume turned up and all i could hear were gunshots and all i could see were gunshots hitting in front of me and to the sides. it was like a james bond movie! needless to say, i did not survive, but it was cool while it lasted!
                        « Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 05:04:51 PM by homer »

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                          « Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »
                          lol nice one, i didnt thing of the james bond one... anyone else got a story to tell? an anecdote?

BTW dont u just love medics that rez people that u just killed in front of you? another kill + the guy you killed already SCORE! ;D

homer

Expert
                            « Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 04:43:16 PM »
                            BTW dont u just love medics that rez people that u just killed in front of you? another kill + the guy you killed already SCORE!  ;D

lol, that never happens with me. what usually happens with me, is that the medic revives the guy and then he kills me. >:( i hate getting killed by people that i just killed 2 seconds ago...

i just ranked up!! Colonel Gold now! :)

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                              « Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 07:31:31 PM »
                              Nice one homer... sir^^

im about 100pts off sarge major silver i think (without looking)
                              lol i had the Recon Camo-Knifer, basically this guy used the active camouflage to try to knife everyone... then brag about it !. the thing is, he never got mine... how he got anyone is a mystery... i mean, he stood out so much, the regulars were better camoflagued then he was! :P

his name was [LOL]Knifetagger

homer

Expert
                                « Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 11:21:34 PM »
                                whats your tag? ill add you to my friends list. my tag is WhoodBinFarhtn. lol. :D

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                  « Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 03:58:47 AM »
                                  WhoodBinFarhtn

? Saturday night live? either ways its good

Mines: KyleZibarasu (character out of a book)

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                                    • Yes
                                  « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 04:13:51 AM »
                                  BTW dont u just love medics that rez people that u just killed in front of you? another kill + the guy you killed already SCORE!  ;D

lol, that never happens with me. what usually happens with me, is that the medic revives the guy and then he kills me. >:( i hate getting killed by people that i just killed 2 seconds ago...

i just ranked up!! Colonel Gold now! :)
                                  Same about the medics, it really annoys me.
                                  I have to call both of you sir now, I'm Corporal Silver, almost Gold.
                                  But not you BladeWolf.
                                  My clan > your clan lol.
                                  My name is CalumH by the way if anyone else wants to add me.

homer

Expert
                                    « Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 05:12:19 PM »
                                    ill be sure to add both of you.

bladewolf, it is from saturday night live. :D i have actually never had anyone recongnize where my name is from. :D

*EDIT*

i sent both of you buddy requests, i accepted yours bladewolf, but for some reason you do not appear on my buddy list.
                                    « Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 05:18:46 PM by homer »

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                      « Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 03:40:09 PM »
                                      Well uve shown up now.. i look forward to playing with you... in the game (before anyone turns it around :o )

*EDIT[timestamp=1169505702]*

What Timezone are you in Homer?

and do u have Xfire?
                                      « Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:42:22 PM by BladeWolf »

Brin

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 04:29:29 PM »
                                      xfire>AIM
                                      xfire=thesouthpaw

for $40 BF2142 sounds like a lot of fun, do u suggest it, i love fps's, im a big Call of Duty 1 fan.

homer

Expert
                                        « Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 05:51:58 PM »
                                        im in Pacific Standard Time (PST). 8 hours behind GMT. i do not have Xfire. what time zone are you in?

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                          « Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »
                                          Brin - Yea its worth it if u got a good connection and a little time when your doing nothing... there are some assholes on it, but just avoid them... some hackers, but there banned pretty fast.

Homer - ahh kk, half my mates of BF 2142 are -8 hours... infact most my clan are ^^ seeing as we started as a brit clan that idea gone down the drain!

Ill look out for you when my USA mates show up

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                            « Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 11:13:42 AM »
                                            Brin - Yea its worth it if u got a good connection and a little time when your doing nothing... there are some assholes on it, but just avoid them... some hackers, but there banned pretty fast.

Homer - ahh kk, half my mates of BF 2142 are -8 hours... infact most my clan are ^^ seeing as we started as a brit clan that idea gone down the drain!

Ill look out for you when my USA mates show up

Im on the GMT line

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                              « Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 03:58:35 PM »
                                              ok weirdest thing...

I driving along... then a tank pulls out next to me... my own team so i don't mind, then i get to one of the flags... there a bunch of our guys (EU) but one of them show up as PAC and if we kill him we get a teamkill even though hes on the PAC list? The tank shoots him and nothing happened!

What the *censored* happened there?

homer

Expert
                                                « Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 05:56:54 PM »
                                                but one of them show up as PAC and if we kill him we get a teamkill
                                                i have seen this, i do not know why it happens, it is either caused by a glitch or someone using exploits. i, personally, have only seen this in battlefield 2, i have yet to see it in BF2142

The tank shoots him and nothing happened!
                                                2 possible reasons for this:
                                                • the server owners have the ability to select which weapons will inflict team damage and which ones will not. they could have had friendly fire turned off for the tank.
                                                • lag. i have shot numberous people with the tank and not recieved a kill for it. a couple times i have shot the ground exactly where a guy was running and nothing happened, he just kept running...
                                                « Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 11:02:06 PM by homer »

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                                  « Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 02:08:01 AM »
                                                  if its a glitch or an exploit, EA needs to fix it... it ruin game play when people do that.

as for the lag... i can vouch for that... i hate it when that happens.

U ever had 'There Is A Problem With Your Connection' What does that mean technically... is it me or them?
                                                  and has anyone else experienced it

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                                                    • Yes
                                                  « Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 09:58:32 AM »
                                                  It just means "haha you're lagged, screw you because it's your connection . . . no really, it's not us on the 28k dial-up, it's you . . ."

homer

Expert
                                                    « Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 05:01:56 PM »
                                                    U ever had 'There Is A Problem With Your Connection'
                                                    many, many times

What does that mean technically
                                                    i believe it means that their server has become overworked, it is having trouble trying to keep up. i believe that is why many servers have an auto-kick function for people with high ping, high ping causes stress on the server.

is it me or them
                                                    all the times i have encountered this problem, it has always been the server.

has anyone else experienced it
                                                    im pretty sure a large majority of BF2142 and BF2 players have experienced it as well.

now when you recieve the message, do you get booted out of the server and receive a message saying that "your connection to the server has been lost."? if so, it means the server just crashed or just reset.

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                                      « Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 04:47:50 AM »
                                                      no i just stand there or get catapulted across a room ^^;; I usually end up dieing tho... then i come back and im like '*censored*?'

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                                        « Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 03:05:06 AM »
                                                        Bump
                                                        « Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:23:15 AM by BladeWolf »

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                                                          • Yes
                                                        « Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 02:33:50 PM »
                                                        For what?
                                                        Everyone can still see it.

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                                          « Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
                                                          sry... it did say something different for about... 5 hours but i changed it after i sorted the problem myself

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                                                            • Yes
                                                          « Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 09:24:32 AM »
                                                          OK, fair enough.

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                                            « Reply #35 on: January 31, 2007, 04:26:23 AM »
                                                            Ok... u seen homer online yet?

100 or so to go till Sargeant of the army silver ^^

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                                                              • Yes
                                                            « Reply #36 on: January 31, 2007, 04:39:09 AM »
                                                            I have seen Homer online briefly . . . I joined the server but I didn't see him, I think he left as I joined.
                                                            It was a series of good games anyway.
                                                            I'm still Lance Corporal Silver, about 200 until Gold.

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                                              « Reply #37 on: January 31, 2007, 02:31:40 PM »
                                                              lol.. i keep getting on crappy servers with lag and bad teams :( ... other then that i just can never connect sometimes!!

homer

Expert
                                                                « Reply #38 on: January 31, 2007, 06:11:58 PM »
                                                                im on anytime around 4:00pm to 9:00pm PST. on weekends, anywhere from 4:00pm- 2:00am PST. i have not been on recently, but when i am on, i am on at those times. when i see you guys online i will join you and show you a few good tricks. ;)

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                                                                  • Yes
                                                                « Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 05:42:24 AM »
                                                                OK.
                                                                Looking forward to it.

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                                                  • OS: Windows 7
                                                                  « Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 08:42:42 AM »
                                                                  Ditto ^^ C ya soon

BladeWolf

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                                                    • OS: Windows 7
                                                                    « Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 06:06:19 AM »
                                                                    w00t Sergeant Major of the Army.. on my way to Chief Petty Officer silver  ::)