Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help with Windows  (Read 6746 times)

stephen.marki

I need help with Windows
« on: January 25, 2007, 03:59:01 PM »
Hey everyone I am new to the forums and I have a vast knowledge about computers... But I am having a problem with my Internet Explorer... When ever I go on certain websites like Hotmail to check my E-Mail, or other websites I keep getting an error saying that there is an error with the coding... I can close out of it but when ever I go to a new page it shows up again and again... So I went into the Debugger and the line code of code that has the problem is this: self.parent.document.title = document.title; I am not sure why it is happening... I have Microsoft Windows SP1 I do not know which version of Internet explorer it is though... So if someone could help me that would be great... Thanks

EDIT: Okay... I found the error message again... This is exactly what it says

A Runtime Error has occured.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 350
Error: Access is denied.

I have admin rights on my computer... But I have noticed that with my Norton Antivirus 2007 I cannot liveupdate because it says I am not an Administrator on my computer... But I am the admin... I am the only account
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:05:44 PM by stephen.marki »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: I need help with Windows
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:14:40 PM »
Why no SP2 ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 04:23:25 AM »
That is the bare minimum for a proper installation these days. Is this XP Pro by chance?

mundesley

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:21:05 AM »
 Havr you considered this method: In IE Go to Tools\Internet Options\Advanced and place a tick in "Disable Script DeBugging".

stephen.marki

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:46:20 AM »
1.) My computer is SP1 Because I put the computer together myself and really do not feel like dishing out $200.00 Canadian for SP2 when SP1 is fine
2.) Yes it is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition
3.) I have not tried that method... But if there is a problem with my Internet Explorer I do not want to ignore it... I want to fix it so it does not cause me any problems down the road...

I am still getting the message! Please Help me!

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 10:07:24 AM »
Where are you getting that SP2 costs money?
It's a free download, or can be shipped to you cheaply.
Is this genuine XP?
SP2 and genuine XP solves a lot of problems.

stephen.marki

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:50:30 AM »
Umm... Ya... It is genuine but the problem is if I get SP2 it is not going to help me with my problem... Plus I got so much crap on my computer I need so if anything happens to my computer I am basically screwed... If you people notice SP 1 is actually more secure... Windows has way too may problems with it... When XP came out I waited 2 years to get it because there where so many problems with it and Windows 98 was fine for me at the time... I only update things if I HAVE to... It is safer, once they tell me that I HAVE to update then I will... I do not like Windows a whole lot anyway... Bill Gates is the devil, he is upgrading constantly... And the Beta Testers for Windows Vista said that it was horrible... They said you literally need a Super Computer to run it... If you buy all the packs for vista it takes around 40 GB JUST for Windows... Nothing else... No drivers... No software... Nothing... Just for Vista... They said that the only main difference between Vista and XP is Vista's new Sleek look and apperantly there is no more Blue Screen of Death (What? They changed it to the Pink Screen of Death or something) All I need is the help from someone... I do not need to be told to go and get SP2 thank you very much... And do not post if you do not know how to fix my problem... Thank you

tpolcha

Hopeful
    « Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »
    I may a newbie to all, but one of the first things I learned (helps alot) is to keep your Windows as current as possible.  I run the microsoft download page weekly.  When I do download various oupdates, I find my system moving smoother.  Just my point.

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 02:53:29 PM »
    Umm... Ya... It is genuine but the problem is if I get SP2 it is not going to help me with my problem... Plus I got so much crap on my computer I need so if anything happens to my computer I am basically screwed... If you people notice SP 1 is actually more secure... Windows has way too may problems with it... When XP came out I waited 2 years to get it because there where so many problems with it and Windows 98 was fine for me at the time... I only update things if I HAVE to... It is safer, once they tell me that I HAVE to update then I will... I do not like Windows a whole lot anyway... Bill Gates is the devil, he is upgrading constantly... And the Beta Testers for Windows Vista said that it was horrible... They said you literally need a Super Computer to run it... If you buy all the packs for vista it takes around 40 GB JUST for Windows... Nothing else... No drivers... No software... Nothing... Just for Vista... They said that the only main difference between Vista and XP is Vista's new Sleek look and apperantly there is no more Blue Screen of Death (What? They changed it to the Pink Screen of Death or something) All I need is the help from someone... I do not need to be told to go and get SP2 thank you very much... [highlight]And do not post if you do not know how to fix my problem..[/highlight]. Thank you

Whoa there, buckaroo. You have been told that SP 2 is free and necessary. Microsoft does not even support XP with less than SP2 applied. The fact that you do not like the advice given, for whatever reason, does not make it less true. SP1 is NOT more secure.

I think you start with several false assumptions and go downhill from there.

Hey everyone I am new to the forums and [highlight]I have a vast knowledge about computers[/highlight]...

Be careful on chastising people that are trying to help you for free.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 02:59:19 PM by GX1_Man »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 05:55:29 PM »
    Umm... Ya... It is genuine but the problem is if I get SP2 it is not going to help me with my problem... Plus I got so much crap on my computer I need so if anything happens to my computer I am basically screwed..

This pretty much says it all....
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "