Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CMOS PHOENIX  MOTHERBOARD  (Read 2158 times)

starlightbright61

CMOS PHOENIX  MOTHERBOARD
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
I am fairly new to computers, I went on the motherboard and messed up, not much but there are a few problems.
on the cmos phoenix there is a default F6 at the bottom, can someone tell me if I was to press this that all the factory setting on the cmos will return to factory settings, or will I mess the settings up more and cause more problems. ;D :-? :-/

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: CMOS PHOENIX  MOTHERBOARD
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:45:22 PM »
     starlightbright61   .... resetting it will return it to the way it was originally ......
    that should get you back on track.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:28:48 PM »
    Sometimes it reverts to failsafe settings, which are functional, but far from optimal. What exactly did you play with?
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 06:29:22 PM by GX1_Man »

starlightbright61

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »
    Not exactly sure but one thing I found out I did was knock the floppy disc off my computer, I read on the internet, that if you put the dvd disc first, it won't look for the floppy.
    I have been the the motherboard and put things back to the way they were, but it has not solved my original problem of
    SiS Raid.sys which cannot be found, I do not know how it was wiped off, or what happened to it I thats why I went on the Montherboard in the first place, but instead I messed things up. :-/ :'(

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 06:28:52 PM »
    We probably need to know all of the details about the computer itself.

It is also best to keep all of the problems in one post rather than spreading them out as you have. Problems can be inter-related.  ;)

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1170531321

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 07:04:12 AM »
    I read on the internet, that if you put the dvd disc first, it won't look for the floppy.  

This also is innaccurate...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "