Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista Aero Desktop  (Read 5122 times)

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Windows Vista Aero Desktop
    « on: January 30, 2007, 11:06:22 AM »
    I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate Edition on my pc and it seems to be working great and evertything is awsome i was amazed. But when i went to the personalization settings and i wanted to enable Windows Aero and it is not there. I researched online and even talked with the microsoft representative, They told me that my computer does not support it.
    But when installed vista the drivers that came with vista i have Aero Selected. But when i installed the manufactorers drivers for nvidia it dissapeared.
    System Specs are:
    Video Card: 128 mb DDR AGP
    Ram: 768 MB DDR
    Processor: 1.5 Ghz AMD Athlon 1800+
    Motherboard: Ga-7DEX (gigabyte)
    Hard Drives 2 by 500 GB each. IDE/ATA

I need as much information to convince my dad that this is a good deal that i got over ultimate. He doesnt see any change please help.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows Vista Aero Desktop
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:10:38 AM »
    What actual video card do you have?
    You may just need to wait for an updated driver.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Windows Vista Aero Desktop
      « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »
      Maksim........  I would have to agree with the MicroSoft rep you spoke with .......  Your vid card is the the minimum ....... You should have a minimum if 1 gig of ram......... A faster processor would be a great asset as well.......

Did you run the Windows Vista upgrade advisor ?
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

It appears to me that you may be able to run Vista , however it's not doing even close to what it could do ........

I could be right out to lunch , with my comments but thats what I see.

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.