Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is Windows Vista Compatable With Acer Driver's?  (Read 5314 times)

Uriel

Is Windows Vista Compatable With Acer Driver's?
« on: February 02, 2007, 10:43:07 PM »
I just purchased an OEM full version of Windows Vista Premium on eBay for my Acer Aspire notebook 5670 series.

I went to the Acer website and to see if I could download drivers for Windows Vista but the site doesn't give me an option to select a platform.  It seems that the drivers listed are meant for Windows XP which came bundled with the computer.   Does anyone know if these drivers are compatible with Windows Vista?  

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal20.cfm?website=AcerPanAm.com/canada&siteid=7297&areaid=17&formid=3394#results

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Is Windows Vista Compatable With Acer Driver's
    « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:23:10 AM »
     Uriel......... After doing some reading , it appears that some people have had no driver issues and others have. I think that before you do the install of Vista , [highlight]you should run the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor....... [/highlight]  there is a link to D/L it on this page ........ http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx   ........ make sure you have everything that you would normally use plugged in and then run the upgrade advisor ......... it will create a report ...showing all the hardware and it's compatibility with Vista.........
    The one area that may cause some issue may be the driver for the ethernet adapter.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

steelegbr

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:09:10 AM »
    I'm currently running Vista on a Travelmate 2410. No real problems. Your wireless drivers will be installed by Windows update.

Just be careful as ever if you have a USB modem.

Uriel

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 10:45:22 PM »
    Thanks for the info.  I will give the upgrade adviser a tryout.  I'm not using a USB modem so things might work out ok.  

Actually I have been thinking of installing Vista to a different partition so that I can dual boot for a while until some slow poke third party software companies update their software for Vista compatibility.