Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: limited or no connectivity  (Read 5142 times)

Blackberry

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
    limited or no connectivity
    « on: February 05, 2007, 09:05:39 AM »
    I know I posted this a thime ago, but I actually still don't know how you could solve the problem 'limited or no connectivity' message. I see that this question is often asked so it might be helpfull to solve it and make a sticky on the q&a forum. For beeing clear the following things aren't the problem:
    *Bad connection
    *Bad software/drivers (or any other software issues)
    *Spyware/viruses
    The problem I see alot that it works good for a long time, but suddenly it doesn't work for a few hours/days
    I know this can be solved with rebooting your router and modem, but isn't there an easier way to solve thas or to make that it doesn't come back?

[edit]Forgot to mention that hardware isn't the problem neither, and that the problem is cause with WIRELESS connection[/edit]
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 04:30:25 AM by blackberry »
    Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: limited or no connectivity
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:44:58 AM »
    If your problem is faulty hardware, you need to replace it.  9 times out of 10 though, this message goes away if youuse static IP addresses on your LAN.  Or a decent DHCP server.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Blackberry

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
      « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 04:29:31 AM »
      If your problem is faulty hardware, you need to replace it.  9 times out of 10 though, this message goes away if youuse static IP addresses on your LAN.  Or a decent DHCP server.
      Forgot to mention, hardware isn't the problem neither. But what you say from that static IP adress is interesting, I don't know if I have it. What is it usefull for (to solve this problem) and how can I change it?

[edit]Forgot to mention this problem is with an WIRELESS connection[/edit]
      « Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 04:30:47 AM by blackberry »
      Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 02:33:50 PM »
      Have you read the networking FAQ yet, blackberry?  It's all in there...
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Mango007

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 03:39:25 PM »
      I had this problem. What worked for me was to disable the internet from your pc. Then shut down. You then switch the router of from the mains. Then after about a minute put the router back on. Then you turn back on your pc and enable back the internet on your pc. I have no idea how it worked but it worked for other people to. After I did this I never needed to do it again.

Hope that helps.
      « Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:41:37 PM by Mango007 »

rockerest

Hopeful
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:06:13 AM »
      I had this problem. What worked for me was to disable the internet from your pc. Then shut down. You then switch the router of from the mains. Then after about a minute put the router back on. Then you turn back on your pc and enable back the internet on your pc. I have no idea how it worked but it worked for other people to. After I did this I never needed to do it again.

Hope that helps.

Most of what that did could probably be achieved with a command prompt and the lines:
      "ipconfig /release"
      "ipconfig /flushdns"
      "ipconfig /renew"

All you did was force you router to reissue network IP addresses.
      In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
      Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
      Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.