Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Startup Problem  (Read 3477 times)

frostjacket

Startup Problem
« on: February 04, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »
hey, I have a problem starting up my gateway desktop, I'm not exactly sure of the specs, but when I was going out for a bit, I put it in sleep mode, and when i came back, I tried tapping the keyboard and clicking and moving the mouse, but then it didnt work, so I shut it   of manually and then tried reseting. Whenever i try to turn it on, the start button blinks, and the moniter stays black. any ideas? sorry if this seems vague...

GX1_Man

Re: Startup Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 06:54:04 PM »
Yes, it really is too vague for assistance, so please post more info. Is the machine actually sounding like it is starting? What usually brings it out of sleep mode? Is the problem the computer or the monitor?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 06:56:34 PM by GX1_Man »

frostjacket

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 08:40:04 PM »
The moniter is definately not the problem, it's the computer. The computer is brought out of sleep mode by simply moving the mouse or clicking anything on the keyboard. The machine sounds perfectly normal, with the fan and everything sounding as if it's going to work as normal. I noticed that when trying to turn on, it should run POST, but there is not a single sound indicating POST has run. I assume that has something to do with my current situation?

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 08:47:09 PM »
Have you tried turning it completely off and then unplugging it for a few minutes. Then press the power button while still unplugged and after a few seconds plug it back in and restart. What happens now?

frostjacket

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 04:12:55 PM »
i've been really busy this week, but yea that works perfectly for some reason
thanks a lot man

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 05:59:26 AM »
You're welcome and thanks for posting back.  ;)