Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 98 Internet Problems  (Read 3393 times)

JamesEthridge

Windows 98 Internet Problems
« on: February 17, 2007, 05:09:38 PM »
i have windows 98 on another computer and i can not get my LAN conection to work on it, i know the connecion works becaus eim using right now, but whenever i go to internet explorer it says a connection with the server could not be established, and i already done the internt connection wizard and set up my LAN onnection on it and it still wont work, what the problem and how do i fix it? plz help

GX1_Man

Re: Windows 98 Internet Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 09:16:08 PM »
Has it ever worked correctly? If so, what has changed?

Detailed info on the connection, connectors, etc. could be helpful. Is a router involved or are you hard wired or what? Just not enough facts for a response yet.

JamesEthridge

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 07:29:54 AM »
no it has never worked on thatcomputer, it is CAble internet at 100.Mbps, it does go through a NETGEAR 5 port Ethernet Router to get to that computer though. aND THE Ethernet card is a CNet

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:18:15 AM »
    Go to a command prompt and type ipconfig...what do you get?

Is TCP/IP configured properly (dynamic address resolution as opposed to static)?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!