Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: speedtouch 330 usb and vista??  (Read 4212 times)

peav007

speedtouch 330 usb and vista??
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »
hi i tried yesterday to install orange broadband on a friends laptop, which is running vista basic edition on it. the software from orange gets so far then when i connect the usb modem stop half way saying driver couldn't be found. is there any new vista drivers for this modem?

here another question.
if i have a tiscali broadband connection. is it possible to setup other service providers to say my friends computers or will the MAC (Migration Authorization Code)code stop this

cheers for you help in advance John :-/

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: speedtouch 330 usb and vista??
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:17:09 AM »
I would contact Orange and or the modem manuf. for Vista drivers...Good Luck.
I don't believe you can legally hook up your friends on your broadband connection, otherwise everyone would be doin it.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

peav007

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
no i don't me hook up on my connection. i mean for instance if other people had problems with their internet connection. i could try and get their machines working on their accounts from my location saves me traveling to their addresses.. is this possible!

hope this clears things up

and thanks again for your info..

my friends going to contact Orange to see about drivers for the speedtouch 330 vista drivers. but before i posted this i had a quick look on some sites and vista drivers in general for this modem will be released in march.. no good if your've paying for broadband really..

cheers John  :P ::)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »
What you want to look into then is called Remote Administration...with proper access this will allow you to do what you are suggesting.
There are many different ways to set this up.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "