Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Another question about Vista  (Read 5733 times)

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • Long in the tooth, shy between the ears
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Another question about Vista
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »
Windows XP had a feature called "Compatibility Wizard" which allowed a user of older programs that were compatible with Win 98 to run on XP.   Now I have Vista and some old programs that will only run on XP.  Does VISTA have a similar feature??   I have looked but no luck.   Will appreciate any help.  Thnks,  JIM  ;D
You are much appreciated..     Thank you ,

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Another question about Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:22:02 PM »
You can read--->This!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 04:24:20 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

rockerest

Hopeful
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 07:31:44 AM »
In addition to that link, I'd just like to point out that program compatibility is done EXACTLY the same way in Vista as it was done in XP.  Did you even try looking for it yourself before posting here?

-rock
In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »
Hey, thanks guys.  Guess it was a dumb question.  Truth is, I had forgotten how to do it on XP.  I just remembered that it couild be done.  I suppose I would have stumbled onto it eventually.  Anyway, thank you again, Street 1.  You not only gave me a good answer but you pointed me to a very helpful website of which I was totally ignorant....  And thank you ROCK for reminding me of my shortcomings, of which I have many.  I'll try to do better next time.   Bless you both,  :)  :) JIM

rockerest

Hopeful
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:10:41 PM »
Hey, I was in a bad mood this morning.  Honestly, I'm in a worse mood right now, but you're right: I could've been nicer.

-rock
In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:38:06 AM »
ROCK,  Thank you for your response.  I too, could have been a little more tolerant.  Ah well, we are all God's children but we are only human after all.    Have a really good day (and a good life).   JIM