Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No display on monitor, computer startup messed.  (Read 2174 times)

three11js

No display on monitor, computer startup messed.
« on: February 28, 2007, 02:49:55 AM »
Do not know what the problem is with the computer but it will not start up properly.

AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Windows XP
512mb RAM

There was a power outage or surge recently that caused the electricity in the house to turn on and off several times, I do not know if this damaged any of components in the computer.  The computer might have been on when the outage occured (I don't know), but when I tried to start the computer it stated, in the startup screen, that I needed to insert a cd-rom for bootup.  I checked the bios and saw that it was no longer detecting a HDD.  I tried replacing the cables between the HDD and the motherboard without any results.  Soon after I stopped receiving a picture on my monitor at all.  The computer powers up but does not display an image, the lights on the keyboard blink and the LED lights on the front of the computer are on, but all I hear is one beep about every 5 seconds.  I think that a component may have been damaged, but I do not know what the problem is.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks