Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to virus scan....Pls HELP!!!!!  (Read 25007 times)

ap78

Unable to virus scan....Pls HELP!!!!!
« on: March 01, 2007, 03:49:52 PM »
I'm not really sure where to start.  I have a laptop that has been getting worse and worse by the day.  I used to have McAfee 2006 on my computer but it kept on malfunctioning in my email program.  I would uninstall and reinstall it quite often.  Recently I removed it to install the new 2007 version.  It installed but would not let me scan for viruses.  When clicking the button nothing would happen. Long story short, I tried that a few times, i tried norton 2007, panda 2007.  I also went to multiple website trying to do an online scan.  Everything virus scanwise was unsuccessful.  It wouldn't start or it would freeze among other things.  I tried various thing over weeks and weeks.  I finally did a reg clean and it allowed me to do a little more but still not scan.  I've done and tried so much I can't remember the exact process that made me able to finally scan my computer.  It found 2 trojans and 2, malware i think. I know the trojans for sure and 2 others.  I at the moment have still not been able to install a more known security center.  Right now i have XP tools which isn't protection software and i have smartfix security center 2007 (the free version).  Needless to say the security on my computer is lacking.  I'm not sure where to go from here and I have recently noticed the lolla.exe file on the computer.  I'm sure i have never seen that before.  Should i remove it?  I think one thing that really helped my computer was that i went through every single file and folder manually and deleted what i knew was in use or extras that were left one the computer.  I'm not sure where to go from here. I downloaded the cyberdefender program but have not installed it yet.  I'm not sure what other information to give, if there is anything else please let me know.  Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oops. also, my windows programs have not been functioning up to par now.  I downloaded firefox and thunderbird to replace outlook and IE.  They work great..for the most part.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Unable to virus scan....Pls HELP!!!!!
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »
    78ap...... what is the state of the machine now ?
    Have you tried to run your ani-virus from the dafe mode ?
    What active anti-virus is installed on your machine ?
    Are you able to download and install apps ?
    If you are .......Download.........
    ccleaner    http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/   the current version is 1.37.456  DO NOT INSTALL THE YAHOO TOOLBAR when offered.

AVG Free anti virus.... http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/  Note....shut down any other AV app and then install AVG ..... and then get the latest updates.

AVG Anti-sypware.. http://free.grisoft.com/doc/20/lng/us/tpl/v5   install it and get the latest updates.

Hijackthis  http://www.merijn.org/programs.php#hijackthis  Please install this app in its own folder.   Do not run it until told to do so .

Now ..... run ccleaner ,both the cleaner and the issues portion. delete anything it finds .........
    then reboot into safe Mode ........ and then run a full scan with AVG
    anti virus ........... delete anything it finds .........
    then run a full scan with AVG Anti-spyware ........ delete anything it finds.

Now reboot back into normal mode and see how things are .......
    If there's no improvement ........ run a scan with hijackthis and post the log it generates here for us to look at .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

ap78

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 02:49:05 PM »
    dl65, thanks for the response.  Concerning your questions here is what you asked for.
    At the moment my machine seems to running pretty good but not compared to a normal computer. Only compared to how it was before.
    I did not try to run AV in safe mode yet. I will now.
    At the moment the Security on my computer is with SmartFix Security center 2007.  It only allows me access to 3 functions: Anti-virus, Anti-spyware and firewall.
    I am now able to download apps.
    I'm going to try what you suggested and will post the results.
    Thanks again.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »
    Do not run two antivirus programs at the same time.  :o

ap78

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 08:57:21 PM »
    I tried exactly what you mentioned but no success.  IE still fails to completely display websites.  Outlook is still exceptionally slow among other things. When i try to perform a search using the search on the start menu the display box is completely empty. Aside from the little doggy.  I have run HijackThis and this is the log.  It is split in two messages.
    thanks again

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 10:45:57 PM, on 02/03/2007
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4300 Series\lxcemon.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
    C:\Program Files\IEEE 802.11g USB Wireless LAN\Wireless LAN\WlanUtil.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcecoms.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\anushka\Desktop\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXCECATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCEtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxcemon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4300 Series\lxcemon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Drammm] lolla.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [oSecurity] "C:\Program Files\Smartfix2007\osecurity.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Drammm] lolla.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: IEEE 802.11g USB Wireless LAN Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\IEEE 802.11g USB Wireless LAN\Wireless LAN\WlanUtil.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

ap78

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 08:59:02 PM »
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,101/mcinsctl.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1169264208430
    O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,23/mcgdmgr.cab
    O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
    O18 - Protocol: siteadvisor - {3A5DC592-7723-4EAA-9EE6-AF4222BCF879} - (no file)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
    O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
    O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: lxce_device - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcecoms.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\McAfee\MSC\Updates\Installs\1\vso\%VSINS~1\mcods.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\4979\SAService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VNC Server Version 4 (WinVNC4) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe" -service (file missing)

I still have not attempted to install a full security center.  What is your advice on that? should I go ahead and if so,which one should i go for?

ap78

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:02:20 PM »
    GX1_Man,  At the moment the only thing I have running are the two AVG programs I was advised to download.  However, I do have other programs on my computer that are not installed.  Is that a problem?
    thanks for the response.

oddjob

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 02:23:31 AM »
      Update the Ewido/AVG AntiSpyware programs to the latest definitions but do NOT try to scan with it yet.

Reboot to safe mode ... now scan with AVG AS and let if fix what it finds.

STAY IN SAFE MODE ...

Open HJT ... .click on scan ... put tick/check marks next to these entries IF they are still present ...

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Drammm] lolla.exe

Remember to close ALL open windows - including this one - before clicking on Fix Checked at the foot of the HJT window.

Next run a system wide scan for the file lolla.exe and delete it.

Empty your recycle bin.

REBOOT TO NORMAL MODE.

Open HijackThis, and click on the "Open the Misc Tools Section" ....

Click on the button which says "Generate Startup List Log"  ....

Click "Yes" at the prompt. Up will pop a text file, which is saved in the location HijackThis is running from.

Save the text, and post it here with a fresh HijackThis log.

How is your computer operating now? Any better?

(We will return to the issues of your approach to security when your log is fixed and the computer running as it should).

OJ

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 02:26:32 AM by oddjob »

ap78

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
      Hi All,
        Here is the update thus far.
      AVG AS scan completed w/ fix
      HJT scan completed and 3 files deleted (there were other with McAfee which i no longer have on my computer and another with lolla.exe) I didn't touch any of those, I just noticed they were there.
      I was unable to run a system wide scan due to the fact that when I click on the search the only thing in the box I have is the dog.  So I am unable to even enter lolla.exe.

I will now give you the start up log.

ap78

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:27:27 PM »
      StartupList report, 06/03/2007, 12:17:38 AM
      StartupList version: 1.52.2
      Started from : C:\Documents and Settings\anushka\Desktop\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
      Detected: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
      Detected: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)
      * Using default options
      * Including empty and uninteresting sections
      * Showing rarely important sections
      ==================================================

Running processes:

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
      [C:\Documents and Settings\anushka\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
      *No files*

Shell folders AltStartup:
      *Folder not found*

User shell folders Startup:
      *Folder not found*

User shell folders AltStartup:
      *Folder not found*

Shell folders Common Startup:
      [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
      IEEE 802.11g USB Wireless LAN Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\IEEE 802.11g USB Wireless LAN\Wireless LAN\WlanUtil.exe

Shell folders Common AltStartup:
      *Folder not found*

User shell folders Common Startup:
      *Folder not found*

User shell folders Alternate Common Startup:
      *Folder not found*

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
      UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
      *Registry key not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
      *Registry value not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
      *Registry key not found*

Autorun entries from Registry:
      HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

NvCplDaemon = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
      nwiz = nwiz.exe /installquiet
      SunJavaUpdateSched = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe"

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

ctfmon.exe = C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

Autorun entries in Registry subkeys of:
      HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[not active]
      *No values found*

[OptionalComponents]
      *No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
      *No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
      *No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
      *No subkeys found*

ap78

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 10:28:45 PM »
      HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
      *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
      *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

[setup]
      *No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
      *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
      *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
      *No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
      *Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
      *Registry key not found*

File association entry for .EXE:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .COM:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .BAT:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .PIF:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .SCR:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" /S

File association entry for .HTA:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\shell\open\command

(Default) = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe "%1" %*

File association entry for .TXT:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1

Enumerating Active Setup stub paths:
      HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
      (* = disabled by HKCU twin)

[<{12d0ed0d-0ee0-4f90-8827-78cefb8f4988}] *
      StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieudinit.exe

[>{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}]
      StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /ShowWMP

[>{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}] *
      StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\system32\ie4uinit.exe -UserIconConfig

[>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}] *
      StubPath = RunDLL32 IEDKCS32.DLL,BrandIE4 SIGNUP

[>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}MICROS] *
      StubPath = RunDLL32 IEDKCS32.DLL,BrandIE4 SIGNUP

[>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}] *
      StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE

[{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}] *
      StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:/UserInstall %SystemRoot%\system32\themeui.dll

[{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}] *
      StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:OE /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{44BBA842-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015B}] *
      StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msnetmtg.inf,NetMtg.Install.PerUser.NT

[{5945c046-1e7d-11d1-bc44-00c04fd912be}] *
      StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.QuietInstall.PerUser

[{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}] *
      StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp10.inf,PerUserStub

[{7790769C-0471-11d2-AF11-00C04FA35D02}] *
      StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:WAB /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}] *
      StubPath = regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dll

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}] *
      StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\system32\ie4uinit.exe -BaseSettings

[{89B4C1CD-B018-4511-B0A1-5476DBF70820}] *
      StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscories.dll,Install

Enumerating ICQ Agent Autostart apps:
      HKCU\Software\Mirabilis\ICQ\Agent\Apps

*Registry key not found*

Load/Run keys from C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI:

load=*INI section not found*
      run=*INI section not found*

Load/Run keys from Registry:

HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
      HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
      HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
      HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
      HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
      HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
      HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
      HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
      HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
      HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*

ap78

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »
      HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
      HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: AppInit_DLLs=

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
      SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
      drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
      SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\WINDOWS\MATRIX~1.SCR
      drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*
      HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Checking for EXPLORER.EXE instances:

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe: PRESENT!

C:\Explorer.exe: not present
      C:\WINDOWS\Explorer\Explorer.exe: not present
      C:\WINDOWS\System\Explorer.exe: not present
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\Explorer.exe: not present
      C:\WINDOWS\Command\Explorer.exe: not present
      C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Explorer.exe: not present

Checking for superhidden extensions:

.lnk: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
      .pif: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
      .exe: not hidden
      .com: not hidden
      .bat: not hidden
      .hta: not hidden
      .scr: not hidden
      .shs: HIDDEN!
      .shb: HIDDEN!
      .vbs: not hidden
      .vbe: not hidden
      .wsh: not hidden
      .scf: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: NO!)
      .url: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
      .js: not hidden
      .jse: not hidden

Verifying REGEDIT.EXE integrity:

- Regedit.exe found in C:\WINDOWS
      - .reg open command is NOT normal! ()
      - Company name OK: 'Microsoft Corporation'
      - Original filename OK: 'REGEDIT.EXE'
      - File description: 'Registry Editor'

Registry check failed!

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
      (no name) - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}
      scriptproxy - (no file) - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231}

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

*No jobs found*

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool]
      InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\legitcheckcontrol.dll
      CODEBASE = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

[{4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21}]
      CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,101/mcinsctl.cab

[WUWebControl Class]
      InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuweb.dll
      CODEBASE = http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1169264208430

[Java Plug-in 1.5.0_11]
      InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
      CODEBASE = http://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_11-windows-i586.cab

[{BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389}]
      CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,23/mcgdmgr.cab

[Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04]
      CODEBASE = http://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_04-windows-i586.cab

[Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06]
      CODEBASE = http://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_06-windows-i586.cab

[Java Plug-in 1.5.0_10]
      CODEBASE = http://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_10-windows-i586.cab

[Java Plug-in 1.5.0_11]

[Java Plug-in 1.5.0_11]
      InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll

[Shockwave Flash Object]
      InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx
      CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #1: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
      NameSpace #2: C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll
      NameSpace #3: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #1: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #2: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #3: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #4: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
      Protocol #5: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
      Protocol #6: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #7: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #8: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #9: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #10: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #11: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #12: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
      Protocol #13: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll

ap78

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »
      Enumerating Windows NT/2000/XP services

Intel(r) 82801 Audio Driver Install Service (WDM): system32\drivers\ac97intc.sys (manual start)
      Microsoft ACPI Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys (system)
      Microsoft Embedded Controller Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ACPIEC.sys (system)
      Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller: system32\drivers\aec.sys (manual start)
      AFD Networking Support Environment: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\afd.sys (system)
      Intel AGP Bus Filter: System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys (system)
      Alerter: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (disabled)
      Application Layer Gateway Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\alg.exe (manual start)
      Application Management: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      ASP.NET State Service: %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_state.exe (manual start)
      RAS Asynchronous Media Driver: System32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys (manual start)
      Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller: System32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys (system)
      ATM ARP Client Protocol: System32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys (manual start)
      Windows Audio: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Audio Stub Driver: System32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys (manual start)
      AVG Anti-Spyware Driver: \??\C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.sys (system)
      AVG Anti-Spyware Guard: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe (autostart)
      AVG7 Alert Manager Server: C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe (autostart)
      AVG7 Kernel: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\avg7core.sys (system)
      AVG7 Wrap Driver: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\avg7rsw.sys (system)
      AVG7 Resident Driver XP: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\avg7rsxp.sys (system)
      AVG7 Update Service: C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe (autostart)
      AVG Anti-Spyware Clean Driver: System32\DRIVERS\AvgAsCln.sys (system)
      AVG7 Clean Driver: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\avgclean.sys (system)
      AVG E-mail Scanner: C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe (autostart)
      AVG Network Redirector: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\avgtdi.sys (autostart)
      Background Intelligent Transfer Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      Computer Browser: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      CD-ROM Driver: System32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys (system)
      Indexing Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\cisvc.exe (manual start)
      ClipBook: %SystemRoot%\system32\clipsrv.exe (disabled)
      Symantec Lic NetConnect service: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (autostart)
      Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver: System32\DRIVERS\CmBatt.sys (manual start)
      Microsoft Composite Battery Driver: System32\DRIVERS\compbatt.sys (system)
      COM+ System Application: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235} (manual start)
      Cryptographic Services: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      DCOM Server Process Launcher: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch (autostart)
      DHCP Client: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Disk Driver: System32\DRIVERS\disk.sys (system)
      Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\dmadmin.exe /com (manual start)
      dmboot: System32\drivers\dmboot.sys (disabled)
      Logical Disk Manager Driver: System32\drivers\dmio.sys (system)
      dmload: System32\drivers\dmload.sys (system)
      Logical Disk Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Microsoft Kernel DLS Syntheiszer: system32\drivers\DMusic.sys (manual start)
      DNS Client: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
      Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler: system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys (manual start)
      3Com EtherLink XL 90XB/C Adapter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\el90xbc5.sys (manual start)
      McAfee E-mail Proxy: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe (manual start)
      Error Reporting Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Event Log: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
      COM+ Event System: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      Fast User Switching Compatibility: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      Floppy Disk Controller Driver: System32\DRIVERS\fdc.sys (manual start)
      Floppy Disk Driver: System32\DRIVERS\flpydisk.sys (manual start)
      FltMgr: system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys (system)
      Volume Manager Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ftdisk.sys (system)
      Generic Packet Classifier: System32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys (manual start)
      Help and Support: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Human Interface Device Access: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
      Microsoft HID Class Driver: system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys (manual start)
      HSFHWICH: system32\DRIVERS\HSFHWICH.sys (manual start)
      HSF_DP: system32\DRIVERS\HSF_DP.sys (manual start)
      HTTP: System32\Drivers\HTTP.sys (manual start)
      HTTP SSL: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter (manual start)
      i8042 Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse Port Driver: System32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys (system)
      CD-Burning Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys (system)
      IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service: C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe (manual start)
      IntelIde: System32\DRIVERS\intelide.sys (system)
      Intel Processor Driver: System32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys (system)
      IPv6 Windows Firewall Driver: system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys (manual start)
      IP Traffic Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys (manual start)
      IP in IP Tunnel Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys (manual start)
      IP Network Address Translator: System32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys (manual start)

ap78

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 10:32:10 PM »
      IPSEC driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipsec.sys (system)
      IR Enumerator Service: System32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys (manual start)
      PnP ISA/EISA Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys (system)
      Keyboard Class Driver: System32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys (system)
      Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer: system32\drivers\kmixer.sys (manual start)
      Server: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Workstation: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
      lxce_device: C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcecoms.exe -service (manual start)
      McAfee HackerWatch Service: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe" (autostart)
      McAfee Network Agent: "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe" (autostart)
      McAfee Scanner: C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\McAfee\MSC\Updates\Installs\1\vso\%VSINS~1\mcods.exe (autostart)
      McAfee Redirector Service: c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe (autostart)
      mdmxsdk: system32\DRIVERS\mdmxsdk.sys (autostart)
      Messenger: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
      McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys (manual start)
      McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mfebopk.sys (manual start)
      McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys (manual start)
      McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mferkdk.sys (manual start)
      McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mfesmfk.sys (manual start)
      NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe (manual start)
      Mouse Class Driver: System32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys (system)
      WebDav Client Redirector: System32\DRIVERS\mrxdav.sys (manual start)
      MRXSMB: System32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys (system)
      Distributed Transaction Coordinator: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe (manual start)
      Windows Installer: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /V (manual start)
      Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy: system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys (manual start)
      Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys (manual start)
      Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys (manual start)
      Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver: System32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys (manual start)
      Remote Access NDIS TAPI Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys (manual start)
      NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol: System32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys (manual start)
      Remote Access NDIS WAN Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys (manual start)
      NetBIOS Interface: System32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys (system)
      NetBT: System32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys (system)
      Network DDE: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (disabled)
      Network DDE DSDM: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (disabled)
      Net Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (manual start)
      Network Connections: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      Network Location Awareness (NLA): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      NT LM Security Support Provider: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (manual start)
      Removable Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      nv: System32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys (manual start)
      NVIDIA Driver Helper Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\nvsvc32.exe (autostart)
      IPX Traffic Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys (manual start)
      IPX Traffic Forwarder Driver: System32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys (manual start)
      Office Source Engine: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE" (manual start)
      Parallel port driver: System32\DRIVERS\parport.sys (manual start)
      PCI Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\pci.sys (system)
      Pcmcia: System32\DRIVERS\pcmcia.sys (system)
      Plug and Play: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
      IPSEC Services: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (autostart)
      WAN Miniport (PPTP): System32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys (manual start)
      Processor Driver: System32\DRIVERS\processr.sys (system)
      Protected Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
      QoS Packet Scheduler: System32\DRIVERS\psched.sys (manual start)
      Direct Parallel Link Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys (manual start)
      Remote Access Auto Connection Driver: System32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys (system)
      Remote Access Auto Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      WAN Miniport (L2TP): System32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys (manual start)
      Remote Access Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      Remote Access PPPOE Driver: System32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys (manual start)
      Direct Parallel: System32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys (manual start)
      Rdbss: System32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys (system)
      RDPCDD: System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys (system)
      Terminal Server Device Redirector Driver: System32\DRIVERS\rdpdr.sys (manual start)
      Remote Desktop Help Session Manager: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (manual start)
      Digital CD Audio Playback Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys (system)
      Routing and Remote Access: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
      Remote Registry: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator: %SystemRoot%\System32\locator.exe (manual start)
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k rpcss (autostart)
      QoS RSVP: %SystemRoot%\System32\rsvp.exe (manual start)
      Security Accounts Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
      Smart Card: %SystemRoot%\System32\SCardSvr.exe (manual start)
      Task Scheduler: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Secdrv: System32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys (manual start)
      Secondary Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      System Event Notification: %SystemRoot

ap78

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 10:42:34 PM »
      I am repeating the last line because it was incomplete.

System Event Notification: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Shell Hardware Detection: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      SiteAdvisor Service: C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\4979\SAService.exe (autostart)
      Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter: system32\drivers\splitter.sys (manual start)
      Print Spooler: %SystemRoot%\system32\spoolsv.exe (autostart)
      System Restore Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\sr.sys (system)
      System Restore Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Srv: System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys (manual start)
      SSDP Discovery Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
      Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc (autostart)
      Software Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys (manual start)
      Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer: system32\drivers\swmidi.sys (manual start)
      MS Software Shadow Copy Provider: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{4D0E09D4-A8F8-4D98-B345-39439D503696} (manual start)
      Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device: system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys (manual start)
      Performance Logs and Alerts: %SystemRoot%\system32\smlogsvc.exe (manual start)
      szkg: system32\DRIVERS\szkg.sys (system)
      Telephony: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      TCP/IP Protocol Driver: System32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys (system)
      Terminal Device Driver: System32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys (system)
      Terminal Services: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost -k DComLaunch (manual start)
      Themes: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Telnet: C:\WINDOWS\System32\tlntsvr.exe (disabled)
      Distributed Link Tracking Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Windows User Mode Driver Framework: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe (autostart)
      Microcode Update Driver: System32\DRIVERS\update.sys (manual start)
      Universal Plug and Play Device Host: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
      Uninterruptible Power Supply: %SystemRoot%\System32\ups.exe (manual start)
      Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys (manual start)
      USB2 Enabled Hub: System32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys (manual start)
      Microsoft USB PRINTER Class: system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys (manual start)
      USB Scanner Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys (manual start)
      USB Mass Storage Driver: system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS (manual start)
      Microsoft USB Universal Host Controller Miniport Driver: System32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys (manual start)
      VGA Display Controller.: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys (system)
      Volume Shadow Copy: %SystemRoot%\System32\vssvc.exe (manual start)
      Windows Time: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Remote Access IP ARP Driver: System32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys (manual start)
      Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver: system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys (manual start)
      WebClient: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
      winachsf: system32\DRIVERS\HSF_CNXT.sys (manual start)
      Windows Management Instrumentation: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      VNC Server Version 4: "C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe" -service (autostart)
      Portable Media Serial Number Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      WMI Performance Adapter: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (manual start)
      Windows Socket 2.0 Non-IFS Service Provider Support Environment: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ws2ifsl.sys (disabled)
      Security Center: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Automatic Updates: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Wireless Zero Configuration: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
      Network Provisioning Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
      IEEE  802.11g USB Wireless LAN(WLAN): system32\DRIVERS\zd1211Bu.sys (manual start)
      ZDPSp50 NDIS Protocol Driver: System32\Drivers\ZDPSp50.sys (manual start)

Enumerating Windows NT logon/logoff scripts:
      *No scripts set to run*

Windows NT checkdisk command:
      BootExecute = autocheck autochk *

Windows NT 'Wininit.ini':
      PendingFileRenameOperations: *Registry value not found*

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
      CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
      WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll
      SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

*No values found*

ap78

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 10:43:52 PM »

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

*No values found*

End of report, 33,982 bytes
      Report generated in 0.361 seconds

Command line options:
         /verbose  - to add additional info on each section
         /complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
         /full     - to include several rarely-important sections
         /force9x  - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
         /forcent  - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
         /forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
         /history  - to list version history only

I will now give you the HJT log

ap78

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 10:49:27 PM »
      Scan saved at 12:47:04 AM, on 06/03/2007

Running processes:
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
      R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
      O1 - Hosts file is located at: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
      O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
      O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXCECATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCEtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxcemon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4300 Series\lxcemon.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Drammm] lolla.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [oSecurity] "C:\Program Files\Smartfix2007\osecurity.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
      O4 - Global Startup: IEEE 802.11g USB Wireless LAN Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\IEEE 802.11g USB Wireless LAN\Wireless LAN\WlanUtil.exe
      O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
      O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
      O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
      O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
      O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
      O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
      O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,101/mcinsctl.cab
      O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1169264208430
      O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,23/mcgdmgr.cab
      O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
      O18 - Protocol: siteadvisor - {3A5DC592-7723-4EAA-9EE6-AF4222BCF879} - (no file)
      O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - WgaLogon.dll (file missing)
      O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
      O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
      O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
      O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
      O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
      O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe (file missing)

ap78

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 10:50:52 PM »
      O23 - Service: lxce_device - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcecoms.exe
      O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe (file missing)
      O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe (file missing)
      O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\McAfee\MSC\Updates\Installs\1\vso\%VSINS~1\mcods.exe (file missing)
      O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe (file missing)
      O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
      O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\4979\SAService.exe (file missing)
      O23 - Service: VNC Server Version 4 (WinVNC4) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe" -service (file missing)

That all for now.  Thanks again for the help and let me know if you need anything else.

oddjob

Hopeful

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 03:42:55 AM »
        Hi again

Please print this out to help you follow the advice.

The startup log looks fine for the most part.

However, I see you still have Symantec, AVG, McAfee and Windows firewall all in the log. It indicates that, somehow, your system is starting all these up. As has already been mentioned ... if you haver multiple antivirus and multiple firewalls you will get problems.

Please ensure only ONE antivirus and ONE firewall is operating on the computer. Disable the Windows firewall, if you're not using it, and uninstall any others not in use. This will avoid conflicts.

One more question ... can you open Registry Editor? NOTE >>> I DO NOT WANT YOU TO USE THIS.  I only want to see if you can open it.

If you don't know how then do this .....

Clikc on Start > Run then type "regedit" in the dialogue box (without the quote makrs) and click on OK. Does the Registry Editor open up for you now?

Like I say DO NOT do anything with the Registry Editor at the moment. Just let me know whether or not it opened for you.

If it did open succesfully just close it immediately by clicking on the usual "X" in the top right corner.

Let me know what happened.

It seems that your copy of Internet Explorer may be malfunctioning or corrupt in some way. I recommend you try a repair but avoid IE7 for the moment.

A number of XP users have reported situations with Internet Explorer 6 becoming corrupted and reporting a number of different errors. While there is certainly no guarantee the two procedures listed below have restored functionality to IE6 for many users experiencing problems.

Note: Both methods listed require that the Microsoft Windows XP CD-ROM be in the machine.

Method 1

* From the Start menu, select Run.
            * In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
            * Select the OK button.
            * Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
            * Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

Method 2

* From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
            * Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.
            * Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
            * In the "All or Part of the File Name" box type ie.inf
            * In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.
            * Click the Search button.
            * In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.
            * Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
            * Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.

If you can't repair IE6 try reinstalling ...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1E1550CB-5E5D-48F5-B02B-20B602228DE6&displaylang=en

Now download Superantispyware from here ...

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Install it and try to scan your system with it. Let it fix anything it wants to.

When done please post a fresh HJT log and an update in how your computer is behaving now.

OJ
        « Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:48:18 AM by oddjob »

ap78

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 12:45:53 PM »
        Hi there,
          Before I start following the new instructions I just wanted to let you know a few things.  Concerning my anti-virus/firewall etc programs:  I uninstalled Symantec and McAfee a long time ago.  I do not have them on my computer anymore.  I have been having issues where whe I uninstall a security software, it does not uninstall everything.  I usually have to manually go through every file and folder and delete what's left. Right now the only programs that are installed on my computer and the AVG programs and the windows firewall.  

As for the registry editor, I am able to open it.  It seems to function for now.  

Concerning IE:  I'm not not 100% sure on what you want me to do.  At the moment I have IE7 on the computer.  Do you want me to remove that and work only with IE6?  Could you please elaborate for me?  Also, my outlook is just as corrupt as my IE.  Should I be doing something for that?  As for the methods of repair, I would only be able to do # 1 seeing as i am unable to use the search function on the computer.  Also, If i am to re-install IE, do I need to remove the version that is already on my computer or does the install just amalgamate with the old stuff?

Thanks again.

ap78

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 12:48:11 PM »
        Oh yeah,  I forgot to tell you (i'm sure  you'll want to know) that when I uninstall anything I DO use the add/remove option as opposed to deleting it or using the program uninstall.

oddjob

Hopeful

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 02:54:51 AM »
          I have been having issues where whe I uninstall a security software, it does not uninstall everything.  I usually have to manually go through every file and folder and delete what's left.
          Not unusual. Security programs leave your computer littered with "stuff". It's just that your startup log shows these things trying to load.

Please look through your MSConfig and remove any tick/check marks for programs you do NOT want to load at startup.

Right now the only programs that are installed on my computer and the AVG programs and the windows firewall.
          You'll have to use something else other than the Windoze firewall. It's not that good. Use a third party firewall like one of these ...

Zone Alarm > http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=nav_za

Sygate > http://www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=53687

Kerio Firewall > http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm

Agnitum > http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

As for the registry editor, I am able to open it.  It seems to function for now.
          That's good. One entry in the startup log gave me a little concern that RE might be corrupted.  

On IE I thought you might have trouble with one of the repair versions.

The thing is I see many people complaining that IE7 gives them problems so they are reverting to IE6.

However, in view if your troubles. I recommend you stop using IE for the time being and use Firefox as your default browser. This may help improve things.

We can return to IE problems later.

In Firefox, download/install/run/scan with Superantispyware using the procedure as in my last post.

Post a fresh HJT log and an update on how the compter is operating now.

OJ

ap78

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »
          Hi again,
            Well so far this is where I am.  I have downloaded and installed Zonelab, it seems to be doing great.  I stopped using IE quite a while ago.  The problems with IE are why i downloaded and started to use Firefox and thunderbird.  My computer is still in the same position, it is slow to start (faster then before since I removed items from start up), my search function is still void (except for the little doggie).  When I went through the MSConfig I found a bunch of symantec, Mcafee and lolla.exe items.  I don't know how to remove them so I just unchecked them for now.  I also scanned with the Superantivirus you recommended and it didn't come up with much, 1 or 2 files.  I let the program do what it needed to do.  Other then that, I'm not sure what else to mention.  So here is the new HJT log.

Scan saved at 10:25:24 PM, on 14/03/2007

Running processes:
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
          C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
          C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
          C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
          C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
          C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
          O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
          O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
          O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background

ap78

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »
          O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
          O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
          O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
          O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
          O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

Looking forward to hearing the next steps, thanks again for your help.

oddjob

Hopeful

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 05:18:09 AM »
            Thanks for those reports.

Please print this out to help you follow everything.

Make sure you have exposed all Hidden Files & Folders.

To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
               2. Double-click on the My Computer icon.
               3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
               4. After the new window appears select the View tab.
               5. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
               6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
               7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
               8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
               9. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and close My Computer.

You have McAfee left-overs everywhere. If you definitely don’t want McAfee any more do this …

>> uninstall all McAfee programs through "add/Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel", incl. Security Centre.

>> Use the MCPR tool from here …..

http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq3.asp?docid=408302

This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. This tool works with Windows XP SP2 or W2K Pro SP4 or Vista.

>> Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data".

Just delete the McAfee folders in all the "Application Data" folders even if they are empty. There could be more than one. Don’t miss any.

Try this repair for your search facility.

Go here …

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm

Scroll down to the topic “Search - Doesn’t work” and act on the advice.

Has this fixed your search function work now?

If Search is now working then search for the lolla.exe file and report back all the locations where it’s found.

If you can’t do this then go back to Msconfig and note down the lolla.exe  file location(s) shown.

>> Post the addresses back here.

You still have a bunch of Trojans hiding on your machine.

Download and install the fully working trial version of TrojanHunter from here …

http://www.misec.net/

Make sure it is updated it to the latest definitions (you may have to do this manually) but DO NOT USE IT YET.

Download SDFix http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.zip

Save it to your desktop.

DO NOT USE IT YET.

Root to safe mode. Here’s the usual “how to” if you’re not sure ..

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406

In Safe Mode run a full system scan with TrojanHunter. Let the program fix what it wants.

Still in safe mode right click the SDFix.zip folder and choose Extract All

Open the extracted folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script…

Type Y to begin the script.

It will remove any remaining Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry.

It will prompt you to press any key to Reboot … Press any Key and it will restart the PC.

Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the Fixtool will be running and removing files.

When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished.

Press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.

You should be in normal mode now but, if not, reboot to normal mode now.

Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt back here with a new HijackThis log AND an update on how the machine is working now.

OJ
            « Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:57:55 AM by oddjob »

ap78

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 07:09:49 PM »
            Hi there,
              I was unable to complete your instructions.  I got to the part for repairing the search companion but when I follow the instructions I am told to insert the XP SP2 CD.  When I insert the CD it won't run.  I tried it on another computer and it works there.  Therefore I was unable to complete a scan for lolla.exe.  I did not continue to follow the rest of the instructions as I was unsure if they had to be done in that specific order.  If not I will continue with the rest.  Please let me know what I should do.
            Thanks again.

oddjob

Hopeful

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 06:10:55 AM »
              I'm assuming that the CD won't run automatically.

With the CD in the drive can you go to Start > Run and type D: in the dialogue box ... click OK. (NOTE >> replace the "D" here with the drive letter for your disk drive).

If this doesn't help skip that bit and carry on from where I say ..

If you can’t do this then go back to Msconfig and note down the lolla.exe  file location(s) shown.

>> Post the addresses back here.

Best of luck. You do seem to have a rather difficult problem here.

OJ
              « Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:15:33 AM by oddjob »

ap78

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 12:32:23 PM »
              Actually Your assumption was wrong, I did try to run it manually.  The CD won't work in my computer  >:( .  This is quite frustrating.  
              Here is the pathway for the lolla.exe: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

oddjob

Hopeful

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »
                OK, thanks for the explanation. Just checking.

That address for lolla.exe ... is it complete? I think it would have started "HKLM" and somewhere on the end the lolla.exe would appear.

Can you post the complete address, please, and I'll see what can be done. Thanks.

Meantime ... go back to MSconfig, startup tab, and untick/uncheck the lolla.exe item(s) to stop them from loading when your system boots up.

Also .... are you able to move forward and do the rest of what I recommended in my earlier post #24? If so please go ahead and do it all.

Let me know if you can't do anything I advise.

Best wishes.

OJ
                « Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 01:20:25 PM by oddjob »

ap78

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 02:55:39 PM »
                Hi OJ,
                  I just completed the rest of your prior post.  Both programs found nothing. I will paste the results:

SDFix: Version 1.73

Run by anushka - 19/03/2007 - 16:09:27.74

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Running From: C:\Documents and Settings\anushka\Desktop\SDFix\SDFix

Safe Mode:
                Checking Services:

Restoring Windows Registry Entries
                Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting...

Normal Mode:
                Checking Files:

Below files will be copied to Backups folder then removed:

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{ACF60000-22B9-4CE9-98D6-2CCF359BAC07}\_SHCT_Sprint.exe.exe - Deleted

ADS Check:

C:\WINDOWS\system32
                No streams found.

Final Check:

Remaining Services:
                ------------------

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
                "%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
                "C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
                "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\lxcecoms.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\lxcecoms.exe:*:Enabled:4300 Series Server"
                "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\lxcepswx.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\lxcepswx.exe:*:Enabled:4300 Series Printer Status"
                "%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
                "C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe:*:Enabled:avginet.exe"
                "C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe:*:Enabled:avgamsvr.exe"
                "C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe:*:Enabled:avgcc.exe"
                "C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgemc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgemc.exe:*:Enabled:avgemc.exe"
                "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1"
                "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (Phone)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
                "%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
                "%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
                "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1"
                "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (Phone)"

Remaining Files:
                ---------------

Backups Folder: - C:\DOCUME~1\anushka\Desktop\SDFix\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Checking For Files with Hidden Attributes :

C:\WINDOWS\system32\bn.dll

Finished

OK, so I believe that is all you asked me to do.   As for the lolla.exe file.  this is exactly what is there.  3 columns:  Under the startup item it says - lolla,  Under command it says - lolla and finally under location it says -  SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.  Lolla.exe and osecurity (which i have also unchecked) are the only ones that don't have some sort of HKLM or HKCU before the location.  I unchecked the osecurity because it is no longer on my computer.  Also,  I wanted to ask you how to get rid of the reminents of Symantec (Norton) which was uninstalled a while ago.  
                Thank you so much for all your help and patience.  It is extremely appricated.

ap78

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 02:59:19 PM »
                Oh, one more question.  At the moment on my computer I have various security running (as per your instructions).  Do I need to turn any of these off?
                - AVG AntiSpyware 7.5
                - ZoneAlarm
                - SuperAntiSpyware
                - TrojanHunter Guard
                - AVG Free Edition (antivirus)

Thanks again.

oddjob

Hopeful

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 05:37:29 AM »
                  Hi

No don't turn off any of these at the moment. They are all good and won't conflict with each other.

The reports did find things. One bad file was removed and another suspicious one highlighted.

Make sure you still have Hidden Files & Folders exposed.

The Norton removal tool is at the link below. Be careful to read the warning about which versions of Norton it removes and also bear in mind the tool will remove "everything Norton". So ... if you have another Norton product you want to keep you will have to reinstall it after using this tool .....

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=pfdocs&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Go to Start > Run and type "regedit" in the dialogue box (WITHOUT the quote marks). Click OK.

Click on Edit > Find and type "lolla" in the box (again without the quote marks).

Make sure all the three little boxes below "Look at" are ticked/checked.

Click Find next and report back where the lolla files are located.

Go to this site ...

http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html

Browse to this file on your computer and upload it for scanning....

C:\WINDOWS\system32\bn.dll

Post back the results.

Please can you update me on how your computer is operating now.

What problems are you still having?

There maybe a rootkit at work here so we may need to dig deeper.

OJ
                  « Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:39:48 AM by oddjob »

ap78

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 12:12:51 PM »
                  Hi there,
                    Sorry about the delay.  I broke the wireless on that laptop and am trying to find my cable.  I did not give up or forget.  Hopefully ièll find it soon and be able to continue with the reperation.
                  Tks
                  78ap