Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: drivers not loading  (Read 3765 times)

bernard

drivers not loading
« on: October 12, 2004, 06:12:05 PM »
I cannot get my computer to install drivers for my hardware. I am running windows 2000 pro.  the computer was given to me. I have no idea as to the brand name of the computer nor the hardware in it, therefore I do not know what drivers to download for the various components.  

Computer_Commando

Re: drivers not loading
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 11:19:03 AM »
... I have no idea as to the brand name of the computer nor the hardware in it, therefore I do not know what drivers to download for the various components.  

If you don't know, how are we supposed to know?  We cannot help you without knowing something about your computer and what you are trying to do with it.

Why do you need to download drivers for the various components?  Is the computer not working?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 01:45:50 PM »
I cannot get my computer to install drivers for my hardware. I am running windows 2000 pro.  the computer was given to me. I have no idea as to the brand name of the computer nor the hardware in it, therefore I do not know what drivers to download for the various components.  

That's probably because you are the one has to install drivers..

Perhaps you haven't got the proper drivers?

With the amount of information you've provided us with, we'll have to spend the next few days calculating..

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 03:15:28 PM »

bernard

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 06:45:23 PM »
when i start up the comp. i get message box telling me no drivers found for various hardware.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 02:01:23 AM »
Then install the proper drivers.

bernard

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 09:38:29 AM »
shouldn't the drivers load from win2k? and if not, how do I go about finding out what hardware I have so I can obtain correct drivers? As i stated, this comp. was given to me. It looks as if it was custom assembled.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 09:48:23 AM »
Search the parts for stickers, chips or other objects that have names or info printed on them.