Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Doube .exe.exe copy  (Read 3978 times)

jcarr

Re: Doube .exe.exe copy
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 09:14:51 PM »
Nah nah, its all good  ;D
i think the problem has been resolved. Thanks all!

jcarr

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 05:47:35 AM »
Thanks for your input everyone :d

i finally managed to get AVG to work.. I discovered yesterday that the .exe's arent actually being deleted, just relocated and renamed. I ran AVG and several trojans were found in DLL's in the computer and they were eradicated. Now only time will tell if it stops.

...jcarr

Jcarr:

I'd suggest using your Windows CD or the PC manufacturer's System Restoration CD to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows, as your system is chronically infected.  Trojans can steal passwords, credit card numbers, use your PC to make phone calls for which you will receive the bill, etc.  

If you don't want to reinstall Windows, i'd suggest purchasing an antivirus program such as Norton Antivirus or the McAfee program.

http://shop.symantecstore.com/store/symnahho/ContentTheme/pbPage.357243_nav-n360_withBullets/ThemeID.754200

http://us.mcafee.com/root/package.asp?pkgid=276&affid=101

They cost more than AVG, but, in my opinion, they are worth it.  

jcarr

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 04:34:39 PM »
last year we did actually get a few wierd call to britain show up on the phone bill. No one knew where it came from. there was three of them all within two minutes. But we are dial-up are they able to make calls when the phone is tied up anyway?

jcarr

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »
Yes.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "