Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to log-in to any internet site..  (Read 3515 times)

thunor

Unable to log-in to any internet site..
« on: October 14, 2004, 04:30:28 AM »
Hi All,

My first post and I am not too "computer-literate" so please go easy!

I have been tearing my hair out for over a week now trying to fix a problem without success.

I have a number of internet gambling (uk bookmakers) accounts which I can no longer access because whenever I try to "log-in" I get the message "This page cannot be displayed" and I can find no solution to overcome this problem!

I have spoken to people who claim to know about these things and followed their suggestions which have included checking/lowering my "security settings", turning off my "firewall" running programmes like Norton Anti-virus, Ad-aware, No Adware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Registry Mechanic but NOTHING solves the problem! It is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!

I never had any problem until just over a week ago. Unfortunately I do not have exclusive use of the computer and have shared access with 3 other users but none of them can shed any light on this. Indeed they too are frustrated because apparently they can no longer sign on to MSN Messenger.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone out there help??

Thank You!

thunor1

Re: Unable to log-in to any internet site..
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 05:49:03 AM »
Forgot to say I have also already tried the following advice but it didn't work either!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to Tools - Internet Options (IE 6.0) and empty your File Cache, Cookies and History.  

Or

Start -> Settings -> Configuration -> Internet Options

And empty your File Cache, Cookies and History.

If that does not work, go to the Advanced tab and set your Internet settings to default.  

Raptor

Re: Unable to log-in to any internet site..
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 08:52:59 AM »
There's no way to tell that it's your computer unless you either format and reinstall Windows or try to log in to the webpage on another PC.