Microsoft > Windows Vista and 7

Auto-Restart Loop

(1/3) > >>

Mad_Monarch:
My thoughts are Virus.

Computer running windows xp professional sp1 (never updated)
Computer started one morning, restarting right when the windows loading logo comes up and continues to restart regardless of which mode I put it into.

Tried reformatting and resintalling windows, tells me windows failed to install, possible HDD issue.

Laptop 2 weeks later, same problem, except now I don't even see anything loading on the screen, same problem though, loads to about where the windows loading logo comes up and restarted.
Laptop is running windows xp mce.

I had 3 computers in my house, and all 3 have died in a period of 3 weeks, what the *censored* did I download?.

lordoftheplat:
i used to have the same problem
i think it is because ur cpu usage goes to maximum when it start windows
or it could be a virus
what anti-virus programs are you using
and its status

patio:
Have you added any new hardware recently ? ?

Is this a shiny CD that says Microsoft all over it ? ?

Mad_Monarch:

--- Quote ---Have you added any new hardware recently ? ?

Is this a shiny CD that says Microsoft all over it ? ?
--- End quote ---

hahaha =). No, unfortunately there were no little aliens to deliver vista to my door, I refused.

Norton 2007 installed and fully updated on Desktop.

Norton 2007 Trial, expired on Laptop. (Laziness)

Desktop: I swapped a Vid Card, RAM and a problematic HDD into an older model computer running an Athlon 64 Mobo. Set the HDD as a slave, but primary drive failed to startup windows, which is when I attempted to reinstall.

Laptop: No new hardware upgrades.

Rundown:

1) First desktop started looping restart at windows logo, still needed information off HDD

2) Swapped RAM, Vid Card, and HDD from First Desktop into Second Desktop.

3) Second Desktop encountered an HDD Failure

4) Attempted to reinstall windows on Second Computer, encountered an error stating windows could not install because of a HDD Fault.

5) Unrelated laptop to former situation encountered same First desktop had, looping restart at windows logo.

patio:
You need to DLoad and run the HDD manuf. diagnostics on that HDD...unfortunately it sounds like it is getting ready to go South.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version