Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reinstalling MMC in XP pro  (Read 2595 times)

Rolling Thunder

Reinstalling MMC in XP pro
« on: April 01, 2007, 04:39:09 PM »
Hi all. Long story behind this,but question is: is there anyway to reinstall or repair damaged MMC and Taskmanager in XP Pro without reinstalling the OP. Thanks

Bobandabit

Re: Reinstalling MMC in XP pro
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 06:22:21 PM »
Check how your mouse is mapped, you may have it mapped so your left click sends you back a page (I have the same set up, but on the two side butyons on my mouse)

Rolling Thunder

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:19:21 PM »
Tnx fr reply , appreciate it but I have a fairly strong background in OS's. Need someone with a much more in depth knowledge. Tnx.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:00:56 AM »
    Might try this...

Downloading and installing the MMC 3.0 for Windows XP is a breeze. However, you must manually enable the new user interface by adding a key to the registry. Here's how:
    1.Download the Microsoft Management Console 3.0 for Windows XP from the Microsoft Download Center.
    2.Locate and run the WindowsXP-KB907265-x86-ENU.exe executable file to launch the MMC 3.0 installation wizard.
    3.Once the installation is complete, launch the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
    4.Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC.
    5.Right-click the MMC subkey and select New | Key.
    6.Name the key UseNewUI and press [Enter].
    7.Close the Registry Editor.
    Now when you launch MMC.exe from the Run dialog box, you'll be able to take advantage of the new Add or Remove Snap-ins interface. You simply scroll through the available snap-ins in the left panel and click the Add button to build your custom console in the right panel.
    Notes: This tip applies to both Windows XP Home and Professional, but requires that Service Pack 2 is installed.

What caused this current issue / when did it happen?  A lot more info would be helpful.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Rolling Thunder

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 05:17:55 PM »
    Hi Ale52. Tnx fr the fix. It worked. Messing around with a software RAID on an AsusP4P800D board and didn't know enough.DUMM.

Rolling Thunder

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 05:39:44 PM »
    Sorry,one other thing. I find that the Group Policy snap-in will not install. Eeeor code is: CSID: {8fcob734-aoe1-1101-a7o3-0000f8757le3}. Any thoughts? Thanks