Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ?Viruses  (Read 6079 times)

George Jallo

?Viruses
« on: October 16, 2004, 03:26:21 PM »
My system is very slow. It is Windows XP on an IBM notebook. Task manager shows several files I do not know what they do. How do I clean my system and find the files.
mcwin.exe, dbun.exe, oleimg.exe, and imgvb.exe
thanks,

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: ?Viruses
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 11:54:23 PM »
    George Jallo....If you don't already have it ...download and run... Ad-Aware SE  from the link below.
    http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button
    SpyBot search and destroy....from.........
    http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10289035.html

Both of these utilities do a pretty good job of cleaning out pests. If you run these apps on a regular basis in conjunction with a good up to date anti virus your pc should run a lot smoother and noticably faster.

Hope this helps
    dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 11:55:00 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

kath

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 09:09:37 AM »
    there is a new anti-virus on the block it strungles the virus...catching them by the neck.....
    its a beautiful antivirus by www.mwti.net try it....if you are on the internet try the corporate version......
    its escan and its very reliable i use it .....it deletes files fixes viruses and has a well monitored log.

there is an evaluation copy for most programs of escan.
    ;D

Corrosive

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 09:27:46 AM »
    mcwin.exe is something to do with a program called "Mod Calc", which is a part of what appears to be some business tool by a company called "Smart-Comp". I reckon you would have either installed yourself or, if it's a company computer, the system admins would have.

The other three do not return anything in a Google search, which is very strange. Get a virus scanner as well as the two products dl65 mentioned and scan. I suspect you'll get a clean(ish) bill of health from them but you'd best be safe...