Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ISP Error  (Read 2958 times)

Gregory Lehr-Milberg

ISP Error
« on: October 16, 2004, 06:48:43 PM »
When I'm connected to the Internet, my ISP frequently disconnects me and I have to dial again. This happens when I check my e-mail or when I'm just surfing. I don't know if it helps but I can't keep my connection when my computer sleeps either.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: ISP Error
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 12:04:49 AM »
    Gregory Lehr-Milberg.....If you are getting a ISP error exactly what is it ...or are you just calling it an error ?
    If your connection is lost after checking your E mail....its possible you have the Box ticked that says close connection after receipt of Email ( or something like that ) You say you lose connection while surfin .......is this time related or just a random thing ?
    You also mention that you loose connection when your pc is sleeping......It's possible that if your ISP sees inactivity it will disconnect you. I would check all your settings , your modem and if necessary run your issue past your ISP.
    The other thing is if you let us in on what your o/s is and the type of modem you have ..it may be easier to assist you.

Hope this helps you .

dl65 ::)
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 12:06:14 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 06:26:15 PM »
    What is your connection to the net...56k/adsl /cable/sat most isp disconnect after two hours..which can be alterted?

Gregory Lehr-Milberg

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 07:17:55 PM »
    Thanks, but I fixed it already! ;) (^_^)

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 07:30:30 PM »
    Good--------------replies-------are good but what did you do to slove you problem...it may seem trival but it go to help someone in the midst of time .....post your soulution...unless it was self inflicted....>>>>>^^^