Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! Help! Help!  (Read 6873 times)

Lei

Help! Help! Help!
« on: October 16, 2004, 11:08:04 PM »
I installed winXP on my brother's pc and sound card setup and installation was lost. I dont have a cd or software for that. Could anyone help me ASAP?

here's the sound card number, name that i saw:
INTEX - CS8738 Sound Card
S/N CM187382003041997

thanks in advance!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Help! Help! Help!
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 12:14:21 AM »
    Lei......When you installed XP , did you go to the windows update site and D/l all the updates as well as SP2 , and any driver updates that would have been there. The other question I have is ..when you installed XP ...did you format the HD and do a clean install ..because all the hardware , including the sound card should have been recognized and the appropriate drivers installed.  Does it show up in the device manager as being installed ?  If you rquire a driver ....get it at .... http://members.driverguide.com/index.php

Hope this helps
    dl65 ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

Re: Help! Help! Help!
    « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 03:27:53 AM »
    Windows XP should be able to find and install drivers for the soundcard installed.

Use the Windows Update option to do so. You can even search for new Hardware and then tell it to search online.

here is the Intex webpage link . You can always E-mail technical support or browse their website for drivers.