Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Program not found  (Read 3086 times)

Joseph Sesack

Program not found
« on: April 05, 2004, 04:20:05 PM »
While loadind Norton anti-virus 2004, a virus was detected. It prompted me to delete the file, which I did. Upon restart,  a window came up saying Progran not found.  (tfzot.exe.)I cannot open any programs now. I guess when asked to delete infected file that was the one.  Is there anyway to fix this without reinstalling recovery disc?( which I cant find) Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Joe Sesack.

Detox

Re: Program not found
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 02:17:01 AM »
Its possible that either the virus itself didnt fully get removed by the anti-virus, some viruses can falsify the actually removal of infected files.  I suggest running antivirus again taking note the actual virus on your computer and researching removal tools on the internet.  Some require additional software and/or just following a few simple steps.  I never much liked Norton personally I prefer McAfee software.  If Norton ends up not being able to fully assist your battle then try some of the free tools offered by McAfee.com.  As far as the program "tfzot.exe"  I was unable to find out anything on the web regarding it.

Joseph

Re: Program not found
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 05:42:25 AM »
Since I cant get email to work either, I will thank you for the help here. Thanks Detox, Joe.