Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my monitor has a box appear with a message reading: not optimum mode reccomended  (Read 2348 times)

julia3435

I turn on computer which you can hear starting up, but a box with message saying: not optimum mode, recommended mode:1280x1024  60Hz  with a question mark this message disapears left hand top of moniter, please help

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Operating system / antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Does it get into Windows at all ? ?
    If so you could try right clicking on an empty area of the desktop and adjust your resolution to the settings it's calling for.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

julia3435

no i can't. I can hear the computer loading as when finished, I can hear ebay alerts, but only that message appears on the moniter. here's hoping julia3435

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      The monitors at college used to do this, if they weren't on the manufactorer's idea of optimal mode.

Does the message obsure the entire screen? Usually there is some way to close the message and continue using normally.

The monitor is just informing you that the best quality can be acheived from that display setting. Set it to that setting is the easy way to get rid of the message lol.

If you want to use another supported mode that is not "optimum" that should be fine without problems. What setting are you using now? You should be able to either disable the message or exit it somehow. I've never seen one that prevents you from seeing the whole screen before. What monitor is this? Dell?

Also operating system and antivurus etc are unlikely to have any effect upon the problem. The only software I can think that will effect this could be graphics card drivers.