Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Rare Blue Screen of Dead ---- Window XP  (Read 10538 times)

GX1_Man

Re: Rare Blue Screen of Dead ---- Window XP
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 01:55:13 PM »

osho

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 06:28:27 AM »
No problem with the Memory after testing by "Window Memory Diagnositc" for overnight. Passed all standard and extended tests.

Any reliable freeware to test the motherboard and power supply?

bayern

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 07:55:26 AM »
My computer will reboot itself about once every hour, giving me blue screen of death and the following error message :

Stop: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XBF80554E, 0XF7626B0C, 0X00000000)
Win32K.SYS – Address BF80554E base at BF800000, Date Stamp 45f13f6.

Within that hour, does the PC run correctly? If so, it might be the temperture. Perhaps it just need a cleaning. Also check the heat sink where it mates with the CPU, make sure it has good contact with the CPU. Just a thought.

B.

osho

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 06:31:54 AM »
Yes, the PC runs correctly before turning blue.  I have cleaned the dirt covered the heat sink and fans, but I still got the problem.

I also suspect that it should be the graphic part, as when I changed the resolution to 640 x 480, it works fine.  Everything above that resolution would render the same error message.

I tried to download and install the latest driver of the graphic card : ATI Raedon 9250 (128mb), but got the same error when set to a higher resolution 1280 x 1024 - 32 bit - 75Hertz refresh rate.  I used to set this resolution before the problem turned up and it was alright.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 12:32:30 PM »
There's about a 75% chance this is a driver issue...
Any new hardware installed lately ? ?
If not check Device Manager and look for yellow exclamation points next to devices.

Let us know.

I would double-check the video card and un-install the drivers you have currently and re- install the native drivers that came with the card....sometimes newer drivers are not always better drivers...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

osho

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 08:59:19 PM »
Well, did as advised, un-installed the driver, used original driver came with the card, but still no luck.  Same error message.

So far confirmed no problem with the Ram, Video Card, Hard disks, Power Supply.  Bios updated to the latest, Reformat and Reinstall Windows XP sp2.  What else is missing…. the motherboard, any good shareware to check the motherboard?

osho

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 10:25:23 PM »
Sorry, to recap my problem.  The error message I got from BOD is:

Stop: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XBF80554E, 0XF7626B0C, 0X00000000)
Win32K.SYS – Address BF80554E base at BF800000, Date Stamp 45f13f6.

The attached diagram is my System information of Display card, do you think the address in the display card is within the Error address area?

[old attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 03:19:29 PM »
Windows says this is a driver issue ( i stated this in post #3 )

Since we have ruled out the other culprits such as bad RAM; power etc. then you need to narrow it down further...

Directly From the Mothership
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

osho

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 09:30:36 PM »
Done everything as advised.  Run Extended Ram Test overnight returned no error.

Even after updating to latest video driver, uninstall Spy Sweeper but still had no luck and continued getting the win32k.sys blue screen.

I now attach 3 latest minidump files of the recent crashs, hope anyone can get some clue out of them. Thanks a lot.

[cleaning up - attachment deleted by admin]

osho

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »
After one month lapsed, I have finally solved the problem of BOSD - by disabling the 'HYDRID BOOSTER" in my Bios setup !

The result, I think all of you know, is causing obvious slow-down of the computer.   :'(  This is the suffer I have to take because nothing I can do after making all those necessary efforts.  Thanks for everyone for helping me.

If you have better advice, i.e. ways to speed up the computer after disabled Hydrid, please send me a note.  :)