Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blogger posts Windows Vista SP1 fixes on Web site  (Read 11181 times)

GX1_Man

Re: Blogger posts Windows Vista SP1 fixes on Web site
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 05:59:13 PM »
Now I have no source to quote, but I have heard this rumour before. The idea is that in Vista as the placement to data into RAM is random, it is harder for a malicious piece of code to find the Vista back end stuff and screw it up.  I'm sure (if this is true) there will be some system tracking the location of the different pieces of data (as the OS should anyway) so performance should not be affected much if at all.

www.snopes.com to check out rumors.

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: Blogger posts Windows Vista SP1 fixes on Web site
    « Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 11:13:05 PM »
    Now I have no source to quote, but I have heard this rumour before. The idea is that in Vista as the placement to data into RAM is random, it is harder for a malicious piece of code to find the Vista back end stuff and screw it up.  I'm sure (if this is true) there will be some system tracking the location of the different pieces of data (as the OS should anyway) so performance should not be affected much if at all.

If it's being tracked, then malicious code will find the tracking and be able to modify any memory address it wants to, nullifying any security bonus.
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."