Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Limited or No Connectivity"  (Read 16299 times)

Sheller

Re: "Limited or No Connectivity"
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »
You'd understand? I'd be offended if someone no longer wished to help me, truly, that is the right attitude.

Answer these questions:

1. Did you uninstall the offending virus scanner?
2. What other PC security is installed?
3. Did the mechanic who installed your home network leave any documents or notes? An SSID, shared key phrase, etc or can you find these in you router/ISP manual? They're important.
4. Go to start -> run and type cmd
- Type ping 192.168.1.1 and tell me if you get a time-out or a response. Repeat for 127.0.0.1,  204.228.150.3 and computerhope.com.

1. Yes
2. AVG :o
3. No, and the manuals are long gone.
4. "Could not connect to hos" or something like that.

I would also like to add that my firewall/internet  conections ervice doesnt start up automatically.

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 09:09:42 AM »
Are there any devices that require attention under Device Manager? If not, I think you should rebuild your wireless network. Reset your router so that you can re-enter the security details required for a good wireless network and then reinstall the wireless networking software.

By the way; never throw manuals or booklets away.

Sheller

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 09:21:43 AM »
Are there any devices that require attention under Device Manager? If not, I think you should rebuild your wireless network. Reset your router so that you can re-enter the security details required for a good wireless network and then reinstall the wireless networking software.

By the way; never throw manuals or booklets away.

No there isnt.

I guess once I egt home ill do like you say.

And I didnt toss 'em.
they just dissapeared ;)

Raptor

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »
Well, you may be able to get them off the Internet again, but some documented information (such as the SSID and the shared key phrase) may be gone forever unless you reconfigure them.

jameel

Greenhorn

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 03:37:50 PM »
    if you given more then one or 3 line it will appear this same problems why im telling no .im also face same problems than i reduce the line now my line is ok now not coming like this error.