Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Page Cannot Be Displayed  (Read 3878 times)

Hoop2077

Page Cannot Be Displayed
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »
Using Windows XP PRO, and Internet Explorer 6, I get that stupid "Page Cannot Be Displayed" page when I try to access websites that I think may be encrypted...  Yahoo mail, online banking, Blockbuster account.  It did let me log into Computer Hope though!  All other websites work fine.  Just seems to be the secure ones.  I've tried everything that actual page told me too, scoured Microsoft's support, and still nothing.  After checking all the settings on this computer I can think of I started to believe it was a problem with Internet Explorer.  I then downloaded Morpheus and now I still have the same problem.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Hoop2077

qtpienurse

Re: Page Cannot Be Displayed
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »
i am having the same problem.  i have went through my internet provider and they say it has to be a problem with windows.   please help.   i can go to my email from other computers.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:12:18 PM »
    Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software / changed anything in IE? Have you tried Firefox?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Hoop2077

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 11:36:05 AM »
    I am using Norton Antivirus with the latest updates.  Service pack 2, with NO additional updates.  Started happening about a week and a half ago with no changes made.  Worked fine for as long as I can remember.  No new software.  No IE changes.  Have used Netscape (same problem) but not Firefox.  Around the time of the mishap, I was messing around with another computer on the network, but it is now on the network, and I can use that computer to go to these secure webpages, even though it is using the shared dial-up connection from this computer.  Makes me believe it is something with Windows now.

Thank you,
    Hoop2077

Saviour

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 06:33:29 AM »
    This is a duplicate post.  See the below thread:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33812.0.html

Dark Blade

• Forum Gaming Master

• Adviser

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 03:25:41 AM »
    Do you have ZoneAlarm? That seems to stuff up IE (the newest update, at least)