Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: network computer please help  (Read 2901 times)

ana

network computer please help
« on: October 19, 2004, 12:16:22 PM »
Hello I'm new to this forum and i need some help please.
this is my problem. where i work at they are changing the computers and my boos gave me one of the old ones.  but when i took it home the computer is asking me for a company password.  we do uses password at work in the network but how can i use this computer at home is there any way I can spik the log in screen and set up my own settings. please any answers will be greately apreciated.

Raptor

Re: network computer please help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 12:34:15 PM »
You may have to format your Hard Disk Drive is there is information on it that shouldn't be viewed outside the company.. I suggest you talk to your boss or system administrator if all the original files are still there.

Ana

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 01:05:58 PM »
Hello, thanks for the information. the computer is the one i was using, most of the files in it are my own files.  there is not problem with the company. how do you format the Hard Disk Drive?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 01:07:31 PM »
Here is a useful article:

How to erase my hard disk drive and start over

Be aware that formatting will erase all information on your computer. You will also require to install an Operating System.

ana

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 01:20:41 PM »
Thanks again!   I'll do some reading.
just another question by formating the Hard Disk Drive will solve the problem and also i do have a disk of windows xp home edition that i use on my computer can i just put it in a second computer without problems.  Thanks a million. you're been very helpfull.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 01:28:01 PM »
Be certain to set your first boot device to CD-ROM when attempting to boot using the Windows XP CD-ROM

By removing all the files on your Hard Disk Drive (Assuming there are no other partitions present) you should remove the password as well.

ana

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 06:08:35 PM »
hi, raptor
what do you mean by seting my first boot device to CD-ROM when attempting to boot using the Windows XP CD-ROM.  I'm sorry but i don't know much about computers.
i was doing some reading and I'm very confused. to create the the boot disk do i have to use  floppy disk or CD.
thank you.
you are very smart.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 10:42:36 AM »
hi, raptor
what do you mean by seting my first boot device to CD-ROM when attempting to boot using the Windows XP CD-ROM.  I'm sorry but i don't know much about computers.
i was doing some reading and I'm very confused. to create the the boot disk do i have to use  floppy disk or CD.
thank you.
you are very smart.

Upon start you can enter the BIOS by pressing the key your computer tells you to.

To learn more about the BIOS, go here

If your Windows XP CD does not boot you will have to set your CD-ROM player to the first boot device. Which can be done in the BIOS.

Unless your CD player is not supported, you will require Bootdisks. But first try to boot by setting the first boot device to the CD-ROM player. If that does not work, you can create bootdisks. (Your CD-ROM player may not be supported) These can be obtained from http://www.bootdisk.de