Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NVidia and Vista  (Read 4400 times)

blahzay

Topic Starter

Rookie

NVidia and Vista
    « on: April 17, 2007, 09:49:52 AM »
    What is up with NVidia?  I've got a 7 series NVIdia card in my new XPS running Vista.  Everytime I login or switch users the desktop and cursor blank out and come back suddenly.   I went to the NVidia website to download the latest driver and during the install the INstallSheild Wizard informed me that A.  I didnt' have the correct drivers to install the latest and B.  I wasn't running Vista.  Anyone else have this problem...Any suggestions.  The NVidia card performmance has been the only disappointment so far with this system.

Raptor

Re: NVidia and Vista
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:00:50 AM »
    What drivers did you choose? Is this a laptop?

blahzay

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:08:32 PM »
      101.41, 100.59 and a couple others and non of them would install.  Yes, this is a laptop running Vista

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 04:38:37 PM »
      If this is a Dell, you should only use drivers from the Dell site. No guarantees on others. This is a historical truth.

blahzay

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:17:09 PM »
        The latest on this is...NVidia does not have any updated drivers for my GeForce Go 7 series card for notebooks.  The latest Nvidia driver version 158.18 is not compatible with the GeForce Go series and my notebook has the latest driver from Dell.

I'm going to have to live with the bugs for the time being.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »
        Another Vista success story.  ;)