Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word printing problem  (Read 13317 times)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: MS Word printing problem
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 09:45:34 AM »
Does your printer software have an alignment procedure?  With my Canon printers, they normally prompt me to run through an alignment procedure after replacing an ink cartridge.  With my Canon BJC-3000, I can also start that alignment procedure by going to Control Panel, Printers and Faxes, selecting the printer, right click on the printer, select Properties, and then select the Maintenance tab.  I have an older BJC-2000, I do not have a alignment option for it via Control Panel.  So, the options will vary, depending on your model printer and your printer software.

Since your printer is out of warranty, I don't know what you can expect from HP as far as support goes.  Probably not much, other than maybe FAQ or Knowledge Base info on their website.

Jayanand

Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 12:43:59 AM »
    Try to re-install driver.

rsim

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 04:24:28 PM »
    Thank you all for your help with my printing problems in Word.  I think the problem is finally solved.  I did realign the printer cartridges.  But I think what finally fixed the problem was installing SP2 for Office 2003.  I can now print from my laptop with much better quality.  I'm going to try fixing my desktop computer next. 

This is a great website!  Thank you so much.