Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: If you were an IT Manager, what would you ask r/o  (Read 3537 times)

laura127

If you were an IT Manager, what would you ask r/o
« on: April 06, 2004, 04:10:54 AM »
Hi,

Im a newbie to computerhope.com
I've just started working in sales in a computer hardware/software & networking company and I’m learning all the products we have on offer at the moment but I’ll be ringing IT Managers shortly and I wanna be prepared for some questions they might ask..

Can you help me by naming a few questions or products you might ask for? Thanks.

(PS. I’ve no serious computer experience before this but I know the basics b’coz I was working in sales in a computer training company before this.)

Joleen

Re: If you were an IT Manager, what would you ask
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 06:37:30 AM »
hmm well I am IT management and I'd ask "Why are you bothering me?".  That, of course, is assuming you're cold calling me to inform me of your wonderful line of products.  Are you software or hardware sales?  I'd probably ask if you sell VB6 (because I was just recently looking for a copy) or do you sell Label Printers (because I'm still looking for a decent one).

laura127

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 07:18:27 AM »
LOL!! Im expecting a few of those questions alright. No basically, we're a NEW IT company (in Ireland by the way) but we're developing a new online ordering system where all orders will be done via online, email or phone. IT is CRAP in Ireland at the mo & not many ppl order online so we're one of the first to do it in the IT sector.. Just wanna tell people about what we do & our online service.

torch

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 07:39:17 AM »
so you're an Irish computer company, I'd be askin you now where your product was actually made and who did the certification and testing. I would want to know where your installations are and the names and numbers of referees. I would also want to know bundled and unbundled product, how quickly you can respond and what is the best price you can give me for the specifics.

laura127

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 08:06:32 AM »
Yes, irish & we're only selling to the Irish market (well thats what we'll be concentrating on).. All our products are from top manufacturers Dell, Compaq, Sony, Toshiba, Apple, PC Pro (irish brand but most irish ppl know about them).. Oh ya, you dont need to know what, you're just helping by asking questions!!

Anymore questions for me?

Really appreciate the help BTW :)