Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Word98/2000  (Read 4970 times)

Unpeeled

Word98/2000
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:21:39 AM »
Morning All,

Hoping for some advice on the following problems;

Old PC; The bugger has gone bonkers and everytime I left click to begin writing text it sets off on a never ending stream of hash symbols.

This happens in all applications, Word, web browsers and Outlook Express. Any idea what's causing it and how I can fix the problem?

New Laptop; It's an IBM Thinkpad and has Windows XP already loaded, but I'm used to working in the Windows 98 environment of my old pc and would like to continue using that software or the nearest I can get to it.

I can raise options on the current set up for something called 'Wordpad', but I can't locate any kind of Word Document programme.

Any ideas on how I can locate or install the friendly Win '98 software would be appreciated. My own installation discs for Win 98 went missing years ago.

Cheers,

Shane
@ Unpeeled

[email protected]

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: Word98/2000
    « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:33:33 AM »
    hello and welcome to the forums

first unless you feel like getting spammed to death i would remove your email address

second look into openoffice its free and its almost like MS office

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Word98/2000
    « Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 10:56:06 AM »
    On the old PC i would buy a new keyboard and try that unless it's a laptop also...

On the XP machine Wordpad can be found under Start/Programs/Accessories....
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "