Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Battle Chess  (Read 5416 times)

harleybluecobra

Battle Chess
« on: November 15, 2004, 06:30:39 AM »
I have a old game called Battle Chess and I used to install it on my older computers with no problem I have a dell 8200 Dimension 1.8 gig/512 memory.OS windows xp with sp2 and i decided to install and use the game ,the game has music with it and sound effects from the game pieces. When I install it on the 8200 it installs ok ,I have the sound of the pieces(King&Queen .etc) but no music. The Company that created it is interplay but i cannot seem to locate them ,I thought an upgrade or a patch might help. Maybe some one in the group might have an experience with this Battle Chess, Its a great Game Kind of tough to learn to play but its fun if you can get all the fuctions to work
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 06:32:10 AM by harleybluecobra »

Raptor

Re: Battle Chess
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 06:57:46 AM »
Hasn't Interplay gone bankrupt not too long ago?

That should have taught them for never releasing Fallout 3. I hope they suffered much financial distress. Plus. they never should have banned me from their forum. That bloody hick asked for it, I tell you.

The game may not work properly on Windows XP because it does not support older games. Your soundcard may not be supported by the game. Have you tried running it in compatability mode?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 06:58:03 AM by Raptor »

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 02:10:02 PM »
    I have the Amiga version of Battle Chess but that did not have any music. If you're got such an old game working on XP, I'd feel lucky to get that far! The music will probably be down to incompatible midi drivers. You can try http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/ for help getting sound and music working... or the game may refuse to run at all with it, so use it at your own risk. If you're trying to get such old games working and they have other console versions, I'd try emulating them with eg an Amiga emulator. It's a lot easier than messing around with DOS. In some cases it's actually legal (you owned the origanal blah).

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 02:46:28 PM »
    You can also create a dualboot with a pre-Windows XP OS.

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 01:09:45 PM »
      http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

EXCELLENT DOS emulator. Works with almost every DOS game, even on XP.